Insulation and stuff

Putting older posts here. Going to try to keep the novice forum pruned about 90 days work. The 'good' old stuff is going to be put into appropriate forums.

Moderator: Site Moderator

phoenix
Novice

Re: Insulation and stuff

Post by phoenix »

It's working :D Here it is on it's first run, water and vinegar. No major leaks and I didn't even seal the bowl. The clamps I made are almost enough without a flour paste seal :o It seems to have washed a lot of gunk out. My big question for the day. How does everyone install their structured copper packing? I know I read something somewhere but now I can't find it. Do I just leave that piece its original length and just fold it till it's 36" long and roll it length wise and stuff it in? Do I cut it in shorter lengths and then roll them and stuff them in? Inquiring minds want to know. OK, I want to know :lol:
Kim
Rudi
Rumrunner

Post by Rudi »

I cut mine into 1.2m lengths rolled em up and pushed them in.
Such is life
minime
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by minime »

Hey Kim, you makin' any shine in them mountains out there?? :twisted: :twisted:
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

minime wrote:Hey Kim, you makin' any shine in them mountains out there?? :twisted: :twisted:
Looks like he can just about run that thing from in the hot tub... Keep a gun nearby and he just might be able to bag dinner, too...
phoenix
Novice

Post by phoenix »

Hi All,
Sorry about the long delay in posting, life got in the way. I had to cover for the last few of weeks for a buddy of mine who got hurt and couldn't run his rig. He works waaaaayyyy harder than I ever wanted to. 24 of the last 30 days on the road for 14 hrs per, I don't ever want to do that again!!!!!!! How the he** do O/O's make a living???? In my spare time, lol, I managed to bag a couple of deer for the freezer. One I've butchered already and the second gets processed tomorrow :) I got a water run done now so next is a run with the first 2 washes that only went down to about 1.010 or so and stopped so I'm not too worried if it doesn't go perfectly as I would imagine from my reading that there may be a lot of off tasting stuff in there. Hopefully I will do this on Sunday and report back then.
Kim