Javavitz 2019

Information about fruit/vegetable type washes.

Moderator: Site Moderator

RidgeBack
Novice

Javavitz 2019

Post by RidgeBack »

Last posted about Java Plums (Syzygium cumini) back in 2012. Came out pretty good about 84 proof. Decided to do another batch this year. Hiking in a new valley where I can harvest the fruit right off the tree rather than wait until they hit the ground. So far I have about 1 1/2 gallons of juice from about 18 lbs of fruit. I'm getting a Brix reading of about 12 right now. I plan to keep going back into the valley to get more fresh fruit about once a week. The only trouble is I have to pack them out for about 2 hours. Good think I'm still a young, strong guy at 76. LOL
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Re: Javavitz 2019

Post by NZChris »

That sounds like an excellent way to keep fit. :thumbup:
RidgeBack
Novice

Post by RidgeBack »

Yea still fit. About 5'10" tall and weigh about 160 lbs. Been that weight for ever except while in the navy and had lots of free food. Might have pushed 170 back then, but I was still active being stationed here in Hawai`i I was surfing and hunting when not doing what the navy told me to do.
RidgeBack
Novice

Post by RidgeBack »

Fell on a hike took 3 weeks to heal. Missed the end of the harvest. Not enough to ferment this year. Juice is frozen and it will be used next year. LOL But I have a tangerine tree FULL of fruit that should be ripe in a week or two. Gonna juice that and see what happens.