Turbo yeast

These little beasts do all the hard work. Share how to keep 'em happy and working hard.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Squirreldog

Turbo yeast

Post by Squirreldog »

I have been using a fruit / suger wash 4 gallons and using yeast from the grocery store and running it from a stainless milk can wih my copper worm in a bucket as a condenser. I have been discarding the first half quart and when it gets cloudy I stop my run and blend and strain it. My mash takes me 4 weeks to get ready I tryed turbo yeast and just suger with no fruit in two days had the the same amount of yeald. Seems like a good deal to me . I just found this site and am looking for advice. am I doing this right??
Virginia Gentleman
Rumrunner

Post by Virginia Gentleman »

Howdy Squirreldog (I got a bird dog), how does your finished product taste? That's the real test. Sounds like you've got the basics right, anyway. Maybe a little heavy on the tails and heads, depending on how much you're keeping.
Lord preserve and protect us, we've been drinkin' whiskey 'fore breakfast.
squirreldog

Turbo Yeast

Post by squirreldog »

I dont have allot to compair with. I try to blend it all to 90 proof and add fresh peaches, apples, grapes ect. The result is a fruiy taste after a few weeks. I only take a drink once in awhile so im not a expert, I know there are allot of basic things I need to be doing. Thanks for you reply.
Virginia Gentleman
Rumrunner

Post by Virginia Gentleman »

Gotcha. You might try reading this site a bit http://homedistiller.org or ask anything specific here and will try to help.
Lord preserve and protect us, we've been drinkin' whiskey 'fore breakfast.