Buying Liquid Enzymes in Australia?

These little beasts do all the hard work. Share how to keep 'em happy and working hard.

Moderator: Site Moderator

stangas
Novice

Buying Liquid Enzymes in Australia?

Post by stangas »

Hey all,

Went to the local home brew shop and asked for enzymes.. gave them a list of what i wanted.. they looked all blank at me..

I explained what it was and what i was doing.. still blank..

So.. can any australians here using these liquid enzymes give me some heads up on where to buy them from?
Online would be easiest i spose.
Andy Capp
Swill Maker

Re: Buying Liquid Enzymes in Australia?

Post by Andy Capp »

Even online is difficult. I'm having the same trouble you are so i'll be keen to find an answer to this one.
A hangover is when you open your eyes in the morning and wish you hadn't.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

I doubt your going to get them here easily without importing them, Ive heard of at least one person loosing some due to Customs but don't quote me on that.
The best bet would probably be to contact one of the overseas suppliers and ask if they had successfully imported in to AU.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

they come up on Ebay every now and then, you can buy dry enzymes at most HBS :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
pulsetech
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pulsetech »

I use these Guys
Located in Heidelberg Melbourne
http://www.fullpint.com.au/white-labs-w ... mash-10ml/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

9 bux plus postage ain't a gift , has anyone had experience with Glocoamylase. At $34.68 au + $35.86 au rip off USP you are looking at $70.54 au but that is for 500 mls so around $1.40 per 10 mls still a frig load better than "full pint's" white labs $9 for 10 ml plus postage
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GLUCOAMYLASE ... 35d85d83d9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin