Source of DAP in Bulk?

These little beasts do all the hard work. Share how to keep 'em happy and working hard.

Moderator: Site Moderator

BaxtersDad
Swill Maker

Source of DAP in Bulk?

Post by BaxtersDad »

I have just been using homebrew store yeast energizer, which is basically DAP and some vitamins I think, and that works fine for the small batches of hard cider I have been making. But if I am going to ferment sugar wash, I really need to figure out what to use that I can buy by the pound instead of by the ounce! Any suggestions?
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Re: Source of DAP in Bulk?

Post by shadylane »

You mean something like this
http://www.amazon.com/Diammonium-Phosph ... B00H9225FK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Sorry you wanted a 1 pound bag
http://www.amazon.com/Diammonium-Phosph ... ydroponics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
BaxtersDad
Swill Maker

Post by BaxtersDad »

Yes, perfect. Funny I did not find that when I searched Amazon, I got all kinds of caulking and crap! I guess I should have searched "diammonium phosphate" instead of "DAP"!
greggn
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by greggn »

http://www.morebeer.com/products/yeast- ... -1-lb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

morebeer.com has a lot of ingredients and supplies useful for our hobby.

I drank fifty pounds of feed-store corn
'till my clothes were ratty and torn
Greig56
Novice

Post by Greig56 »

Correct me if I'm wrong here but why would you be looking for the pound sizes? Don't or doesn't DAP work at the same ratio for sweet feed or an AG or hard cider or or where a package should do at a min and I mean at a min 2 maybe 3 washes?-I can be my own worse skinflint but that's about real world right beyond using a bit of ingredient that has some or Pugi's yeast bomb! I'm not asking how much you're burning, that's not the point of my asking!
Unless you live waaay out in the boonies or some part of the world made smaller only by internet access you need look for pounds...?
As for doing a sugar wash, my vote goes for Odin's DWWG!
I wish you well! Brew Greatly and Prosper!
Retiring from a working profession. Thinking of making a decent mark on Man's Second Oldest Profession. Fanfare not required!
30Ltr Boiler Keg, Pot Still 3"x24" under 1 1/2"x24" made b4 found this site! 18" Liebig
greggn
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by greggn »

> why would you be looking for the pound sizes?

Sometimes the cost of shipping makes it more economical, and sensible, to buy in bulk.

I drank fifty pounds of feed-store corn
'till my clothes were ratty and torn