Nutrients source

These little beasts do all the hard work. Share how to keep 'em happy and working hard.

Moderator: Site Moderator

WeegieDistiller
Novice

Nutrients source

Post by WeegieDistiller »

Just a quick post and question about nutrients as I think it's a topic that is very much skimmed over when it comes to fermentation.

After doing a fair bit of reading I keep finding contradicting claims about nitrogen sources for the yeast metabolism as well as the other vitamins and minerals.
Some say that Ammonia based nutes (DAPs) are like crack for yeast and only good for growth but not so much for flavour compounds compared to say autolysed yeast (yeast extract) and other say it doesn't really matter.

I know the yeast bomb uses a combination of sources of nitroge but wondering if anyone have any experience or knowledge on the subject and we can maybe try and throw something together for a sticky?

Cheers,

W
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Nutrients source

Post by Expat »

Just a quick post and question about nutrients as I think it's a topic that is very much skimmed over when it comes to fermentation.
There are countless threads discussing the merits and usage of nutrients, both natural or refined. Use the HD Google search function at the top of the page, the information isn't hard to find.

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd