What temp do you ferment your dady yeast

These little beasts do all the hard work. Share how to keep 'em happy and working hard.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Durhommer
Distiller

What temp do you ferment your dady yeast

Post by Durhommer »

Just like the title says.....
I have a 28 gallon wineos wash and its 42 degrees in my garage and my insulation has been doing its job it's just loosing temp over four days its went down from 98 to 88 even tho I have added more insulation I am using an inkbird controller and a seed germination mat as a warmer
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....
Durhommer
Distiller

Re: What temp do you ferment your dady yeast

Post by Durhommer »

20210126_093721.jpg
20210126_093741.jpg
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Durhommer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:36 am my insulation has been doing its job it's just loosing temp over four days its went down from 98 to 88 even tho I have added more insulation
If the temp and Ph of a sugar wash are kept constance, in this case a bread yeast style, then the fermentation will automatically reduce in temp because of the reduced activity of the yeast, and it is also an indicator the fermentation is almost done.. and at that point in the fermentation raising the temp or trying to maintain the temp will not assistance it in any way..

Check the SG..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

StillerBoy wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:47 am
Durhommer wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:36 am my insulation has been doing its job it's just loosing temp over four days its went down from 98 to 88 even tho I have added more insulation
If the temp and Ph of a sugar wash are kept constance, in this case a bread yeast style, then the fermentation will automatically reduce in temp because of the reduced activity of the yeast, and it is also an indicator the fermentation is almost done.. and at that point in the fermentation raising the temp or trying to maintain the temp will not assistance it in any way..

Check the SG..

Mars
Thanks sb I'll do that and report back
Durhommer
Distiller

Post by Durhommer »

The wash sits at 1020 and the yeast are still visibly moving so I'm on the right track I was just worried because it's winter temps in my garage and I didn't want to stall a ferment
ismbardbrunel123
Novice

Post by ismbardbrunel123 »

OH my god, iv'e been running my ujssm with dady at only 30c....no wonder they are dragging their feet....for some reason i had thought i had read 30 was where it needed to be.....