Gibbs Brothers barrels

Treatment and handling of your distillate.

Moderator: Site Moderator

furball
Novice

Gibbs Brothers barrels

Post by furball »

Alright, I have a question for all the guys that have ordered their barrels from Gibbs. When you placed your order, how long did it take them to process and ship out the barrels?
I ordered 2 two gal barrels 30 days ago, when I check the web page it says that my order is still pending. I don't mind to wait as long as they give a heads up on the lead time, but I haven't got anything in the way of that. Just getting a bit anxious to keg up my previous run and to be ready for the next one.

Furball
junkyard dawg
Master of Distillation

Post by junkyard dawg »

I order a two gallon a couple days ago and called this morning and asked how long it would take to ship. A very nice lady said they were preparing to make a run of two gallon kegs and should ship in a week and a half...
Rocky_Creek
Rumrunner

Post by Rocky_Creek »

I had to wait for quiet a while last fall for 15 gallon barrels.Information was never correct, but great barrels.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, and them's pretty good odds.
DBM
Novice

Barrels

Post by DBM »

I ordered two five gal barrels last month and they were delivered in about six day's. I ordered on a weekend and they were here by friday.
furball
Novice

Post by furball »

Thanks for the heads up, looks like they are still catering to the big distillers, and then are going to make run for the hobbiest wine/brewer/distiller market. Just wish they would get the stuff out as fast as they took the money out of my bank account,LOL!
DBM sounds like you hit them at the right time for your stuff.
I guess I will give them another 2 weeks before I pitch a gripe. Thx for the info.

Furball
junkyard dawg
Master of Distillation

Post by junkyard dawg »

yep furball,

The money came outta my account pretty quick, thats what made me call. I trust they are gonna do me right though. I'd love to hear when you get yours tho... I bet its the same day as me...
furball
Novice

Post by furball »

It wouldn't suprise me a bit. I hope they get it done and out in the next 2 weeks, I would really like to get my stuff barrelled up. I will give a holler when it comes in, I expect you'll do the same? this way we'll get a time frame either way.

Furball
Captin Moron
Bootlegger

Post by Captin Moron »

how much is shipping? must be allot...
furball
Novice

Post by furball »

Capt. Moron, My order consisted of (2) 2gal barrels and(2) wood faucets.
The total came out to $164.00, the shipping was $26.40. The Grand total is
$190.40 for every thing.

Furball- still waiting
Don Ventura
Novice

Post by Don Ventura »

TY for the info Furball.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
DAMN WHAT ARE THOSE EBAY BARRELS LIKE!!!
furball
Novice

Post by furball »

Quick up date, recieved a voice mail from Gibbs and they are sending out my barrels today. So I am estimating that they should be here in the friday/ monday time frame.

Furball
furball
Novice

Post by furball »

Surprise, surprise, surprise, they arrived today!!! Recieved my 2 gallon barrels from Gibbs, and they are pretty decent. I have one filled with water to get it to swell tight, there is a little seepage. I am hoping that in a few days I can get some whiskey aging.

Furball
junkyard dawg
Master of Distillation

Post by junkyard dawg »

Well, stopped by the hair salon that doubles as the ups drop off to look for a package from a vet supply and found my two gallon Gibbs Bros barrel today. Thats a no nonsense piece of work... Can't wait to fill it...
Rocky_Creek
Rumrunner

Post by Rocky_Creek »

Shipping is about the same regardless of size. I'm thinking a 30 gallon this fall.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, and them's pretty good odds.
DBM
Novice

30 Gal Barrel

Post by DBM »

Rocky_Creek;
You better figure up how much a 30 Gal barrel will weigh when full. A full five gal barrel is as much as care to handle.
I know that fixing it on a stand and not planing to move it seems like a good idea, but situatiations come up. Especially with stuff like we are playing with.