Lapponia Lakka?

Treatment and handling of your distillate.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Antler24
Trainee

Lapponia Lakka?

Post by Antler24 »

Anyone familiar with this commercial made liqueur? After trying my Strawberry Panty Dropper, a close friend asked me if I could make a cloudberry version. So I've got some I harvested last year and decided to try it. Got a jar full of berries sitting in 100 proof twice distilled Gerber wash.

Found the cloudberry liqueur online and been searching a few days and can't seem to find much info for the production. Berries are soaked in nuetral spirits for several months, and that's about all I can find. Lapponia Lakka is the brand, anyone familiar with it? Know much about it?
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
Antler24
Trainee

Re: Lapponia Lakka?

Post by Antler24 »

Well a little update. Still can't find any info on the commercial product but my cloudberry panty dropper is doing well. It's been almost 2 months the berries have been sitting in the Gerber. They've released alot of flavour into the liquor but they have hardly started to turn white yet, barely getting pale. I guess it's the hard rind of the cloudberry, I'm gonna leave them in there until they start to lose the color.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there