Peach Infused Vodka

Treatment and handling of your distillate.

Moderator: Site Moderator

badflash
Swill Maker

Peach Infused Vodka

Post by badflash »

I dropped by one of our local craft distillers that has a variety of fruit flavored whiskeys and brandies. I was interested how they got the flavor so true to the fruit. He said it was really simple, the soak it in the fruit. I'm giving it a shot. I had a bunch of dead ripe peaches. I chunked them up and put them in a gallon jug and topped it off with Everclear. Probably 1.5 quarts of fruit. After 2 days it has a nice pin/orange color. The distiller was a little cagey about the infusion details, but it can't take all that long as they never age stuff more than a few months.

I wonder if it will stand up after dilution to 80 proof, or if I should have diluted to something like 100 proof first.
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Re: Peach Infused Vodka

Post by The Baker »

Nice if you dry the peach stones, crack them, save, dry, and crack the kernels and throw them in.

Okay they probably contain cyanide but so little it won't hurt.

Amaretto is commonly flavoured with apricot kernels and people don't die of amaretto poisoning.

And I don't know but almonds are similar so they may contain cyanide, and are generally considered safe.

Geoff
The Baker
badflash
Swill Maker

Re: Peach Infused Vodka

Post by badflash »

Not worried in the slightest about peach kernels, or almonds. Too much work though.