Where to get bottles in Canada

Treatment and handling of your distillate.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Rrmuf
Rumrunner

Re: Where to get bottles in Canada

Post by Rrmuf »

Deplorable wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:27 am Thats good to know. I've tried using foreshots to remove the painted lables with no success.
Hilarious: I am going to start a thread for creative uses of foreshots (Passes and Fails). :-D

So far, cleaning vinegar has worked with all of the painted on glass logos I have tried (just about 10 different brands)
-- Rrmuf
Rrmuf
Rumrunner

Post by Rrmuf »

I am sure there are alot of other toxic or abrasive substances that can be used to take the paint off, but take a chance on this relative newcomer and TRY the cleaning vinegar. It is literally soak overnight, and wipe it off.
-- Rrmuf
JakeB
Novice

Post by JakeB »

So far I have been using glass 1 gallon jars with glass lid and silicone seal from the housewares section at Superstore for storing and aging vessels. I wrap the silicone seal with 2 layers of PTFE tape. I was looking in to bottles, but I also found it quite expensive and difficult to find something with no plastic. I had used recycled Absolute and Bombay bottles for immediate consumption at 100 proof or less but have since moved to the 1l glass jars with glass lid and silicone seal found at Superstore, again double wrapping with PTFE tape. They cost a bit, but should be able to reuse these jars indefinitely. I think the 1 gallon cost around $14cad, and the 1l around $6.50cad. PTFE tape is in the plumbing section at hardware store, around 50 cents to a buck a roll. Still pricey, but reusable indefinitely. The PTFE tape seems to last more than a few fills, jars should be good untill I drop it lol.
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

I get gallon and half gallon glass jugs at the coop farm store.
Here in quebecistan people use them to put maple syrup in
https://www.bmr.co/en/equipements-d-039 ... -8443.html
That link is here in quebec but you can get the blttles in ontario too
5 something a gallon with four in a case
The also have half gallons and quarters
Find a hardware store that sells maple supplies and youll get a good deal on bottles
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
3illmesmart
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by 3illmesmart »

brewmaster, where we live there is recycling and they buy the bottles back. Just an idea, but can you go to the depot and buy bottles?
Be a great deal if you can buy bottles for $0.15.
brewmaster2014
Bootlegger

Post by brewmaster2014 »

dukethebeagle120 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:26 pm I get gallon and half gallon glass jugs at the coop farm store.
Find a hardware store that sells maple supplies and youll get a good deal on bottles
Wholly crap man! Really??!! I'm in Montreal,I would never guessed bmr has them!!.thanks bunch
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

brewmaster2014 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:09 am
dukethebeagle120 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:26 pm I get gallon and half gallon glass jugs at the coop farm store.
Wholly crap man! Really??!! I'm in Montreal,I would never guessed bmr has them!!.thanks bunch
Not sure bout the ones in montreal but the coops here en estrie are bmrs often
So try that.i think they'll deliver
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
brewmaster2014
Bootlegger

Post by brewmaster2014 »

dukethebeagle120 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:00 pm
brewmaster2014 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:09 am
Not sure bout the ones in montreal but the coops here en estrie are bmrs often
So try that.i think they'll deliver
Will do cheers
Rrmuf
Rumrunner

Post by Rrmuf »

An update for atleast those Canadians in the GTA or Niagara regions: Circlepak in St Catherines will sell spirit bottles and closures for ~$3 per bottle on a cash and carry basis. That is about as cheap as I have found. You will have to pick them up yourself though.

... My friends who benefit from my hobby know to bring back the empty if they want a free full one!
-- Rrmuf