Silver

Treatment and handling of your distillate.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Silver

Post by Stonecutter »

Any body out there using silver as part of their process? Maybe for water purification. I was wonder what it would do if you dropped a chunk into an aging jar of white dog?

This is about all I found in the forum…interesting concept.

https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=57446
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
Ben
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Silver

Post by Ben »

Its non toxic, so safe, but I fail to see the point. It is largely non reactive, the only benefit it would have is that its anti-bacterial... which shouldn't really matter in 50% abv.
:)
subbrew
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by subbrew »

If you want to send me a dozen or so bars I am willing to do some experiments :)
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Ben wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:52 am Its non toxic, so safe, but I fail to see the point. It is largely non reactive, the only benefit it would have is that its anti-bacterial... which shouldn't really matter in 50% abv.
That was my thinking. I age at around 60% there’s not much to kill in a bottle that strong.
subbrew wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:55 am If you want to send me a dozen or so bars I am willing to do some experiments :)
Haha, yeah it’s in the mail. :sarcasm:
Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing.
-Thomas Paine
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

Related https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtop ... f#p7574785

papa smurf is gone now. RIP.
be water my friend
Stonecutter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stonecutter »

Such a strange side effect. Good old papa Smurf
-Thomas Paine