Sugar source

Sugar, and all about sugar washes. Where the primary ingredient is sugar, and other things are just used as nutrients.

Moderator: Site Moderator

BuiltByBama
Novice

Sugar source

Post by BuiltByBama »

Hey guys, curious if any of you have a cheap source for sugar online?cheapest I can find is Walmart brand just checking to make sure nobody has something better out there in 50 pound sacks
Demy
Master of Distillation

Re: Sugar source

Post by Demy »

I buy sugar at the supermarket, all Italian online sources are more expensive. Right now the cheapest is 0.75. € for one kg (Italy). Before the pandemic the price was € 0.65.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

If you can tie in with a distillery order or have a large group of members in your area like we do in the PNW you might be able to put together a bulk order. We did both in the PNW and ordered Panela for rum from Suggardaddy. You can probably find him with a search on one of the distilling forums.
Salt Must Flow
Distiller

Post by Salt Must Flow »

$25 lb bags for $15 at my closest Sam's Club store. It's a little cheaper at a closer, smaller store, but you kind of stand out with 6-7 bags. At the big stores no one cares at all and it doesn't raise any eyebrows. Broken bags are about $6 each, but those deals don't come around to me all that often.
TwoSheds
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by TwoSheds »

If you're friendly with anyone who works at a restaurant you could try to get a couple bags on their wholesale orders. I go to BJs (similar to Sams Club) but it's not actually any cheaper than the supermarket, just more convenient.

For online, shipping is going to kill the price. I haven't seen good prices for sugar or molasses. Someone like Walmart doesn't care, they're making up for it elsewhere.
8Ball
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by 8Ball »

Ya’ll sure must be thirsty with all those hobby sized sugar purchases … 😎
🎱 The struggle is real and this rabbit hole just got interesting.
Per a conversation I had with Mr. Jay Gibbs regarding white oak barrel staves: “…you gotta get it burning good.”
witch
Novice

Post by witch »

If your in UK Tesco supermarket £1.48 2KG
Live today hope for tomorrow