another turbo ?

Sugar, and all about sugar washes. Where the primary ingredient is sugar, and other things are just used as nutrients.

Moderator: Site Moderator

che
Novice

another turbo ?

Post by che »

Ok here's the deal before all the bashing starts. I had some left over turbo yeast that I had laying aroun that I had no intention of using since reading and joining this site. My buddy kept hounding me about using it and I told him if he'd buy the sugar id get it going and show him how the still worked. Of course the outcome was shitty tasting liquor. My question is could I take everything that came out, put it back in the still, add some water and re run it to get a neutral? Will the horrible taste still come through?

On a side note I'm on my 4th gen ujssm and this stuff is amazing.
Richard7
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: another turbo ?

Post by Richard7 »

che wrote:Ok here's the deal before all the bashing starts. I had some left over turbo yeast BASH BASH SLAM (joking) that I had laying aroun that I had no intention of using since reading and joining this site. My buddy kept hounding me about using it and I told him if he'd buy the sugar id get it going and show him how the still worked. Of course the outcome was shitty tasting liquor It can do that!. My question is could I take everything that came out, put it back in the still, add some water and re run it to get a neutral? Thats what I would try Will the horrible taste still come through? It may but it will be a lot less noticeable if you get real neutral. What kind of still you run?

On a side note I'm on my 4th gen ujssm and this stuff is amazing. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I have yet to try it. It is on my to do list!
"yeah? yeah? the maple flavored kind?" A dog on you tube.
che
Novice

Post by che »

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Just a 15 gal keg pot still style with a Liebig condenser. Now my buddy knows exactly what I mean when I say turbos taste like shit lol.
Richard7
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Richard7 »

Gona be hard to get neutral out of a pot still But it may clean it up some for ya :think: . If you still don't like it give it to someone who doesn't know any better! :esurprised:
"yeah? yeah? the maple flavored kind?" A dog on you tube.
che
Novice

Post by che »

I just assume pour it on an ant bed but I was just curious if it would clean up any. I'll save my time and propane for my ujssm. Thanks for the replies. And to any new guys thinking about using a turbo DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
che
Novice

Post by che »

Just a lil update. Combined all my stripping runs with 5 gal of water and ran it back through, ended up with a very drinkable neutral.
tinkle
Novice

Post by tinkle »

I only ran one turbo. TG for this site. I am on my 4th Birdwatcher now and everything out of my pot still goes through twice. I would like to take a stripping run, put some sodium bicarbonate in it and let it sit for at least a week, or more, then see how slow I can do a spirit run.
It told my wife last night, if I learn how to improve it much more I may have to stop. It is so dam good now already.

I am deffinately going to run some UJSSM and get it aging soon.
skinpin
Novice

Post by skinpin »

I'm fairly new - how much water should you add when running your spirit run after a stripping run? I can imagine its not very critical, but what does it accomplish. Thanks-
Gaztops
Bootlegger

Post by Gaztops »

For safety reasons you should dilute the spirit down to 40% or below.

This link is to a calculator of dillution.

http://homedistiller.org/calcs/dilute" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
A man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over a man who cannot read.