Molasses cost

Sugar, and all about sugar washes. Where the primary ingredient is sugar, and other things are just used as nutrients.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Tazewell
Novice

Molasses cost

Post by Tazewell »

Is $95 a good price for 10 gallons of blackstrap?

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
thecroweater
retired

Re: Molasses cost

Post by thecroweater »

If you get evolved habits molasses from Tractor supply its $9.99 per gallon jug so that price sounds ok but I would have thought in bulk would be a bit better than that
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Not horrible.
Have you tried looking for a feedmill in your area though? Normally they have a tanker trailer full for mixing with feed and will sell by the 5 gallon bucket if you supply your own bucket. I've paid 25$ for a bucket. Just be prepared to add sugar as its low in sugar,but makes a nice rum
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

we are a few thousand miles from the nearest cane field, we can get feed molly for $25CDN for a 5 gallon pail 50ish% sugar. food grade is in the price range you are at.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
bluefish_dist
Distiller

Post by bluefish_dist »

I can pay less than $.30/lb bulk and maybe $30 per 5 gal pail from webrestaurant store. So if the $95 includes shipping it's not way out of line.
Formerly
Dsp-CO-20051
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

10 Gal would cost $37-$38au , that converts to about $28 US, If you buy in bulk you get it at half that again.
Glad I live here where its cheap.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

$20 aud for 25 litres (6.6 US gal) , it would be maybe half that if I bought in bulk (55US gal or more) but I'm happy with those volumes for that price, guy did say it would be cheaper if I dropped the bucket back but $20 is an easy round figure to deal with when dropping money off . I just knew the price of Evolved Habits as I looked into it for someone a couple of weeks ago, think Cabellas had it for about the same money and Southern states was $9.49 if ya got one close
This mob are a fraction cheaper if you buy bulk
https://www.goldenbarrel.com/product-category/bulk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
And this mod supply molasses specifically for rum, the have a number to call but may have a minimum like a drum at a time as they are artisan/ craft distiller suppliers
http://www.internationalmolasses.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
This is the best I saw @ $125 usd for 50 US gal but shipping might be steep
http://www.dbl-s.com/store/index.php?ap ... =471-100-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

I'm a bit south than Saltbush . Mine is $1.00 per liter . Over 100 liters its 50 cents ..... depending who serves me I often get it for that for lesser amounts .
Oh yeah ... its feed stock blackstrap . I do all molasses rum and 30 liters will yeild around 9 liters @ 92% abv with fients from last run after cuts from a 4 plate still . :D ... I'm happy with that :thumbup:
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

2/3 molasses 1/2 raw (turbinado) sugar all the way :thumbup: tastes darn fine to me and my wallet
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

thecroweater wrote:2/3 molasses 1/2 raw (turbinado) sugar all the way :thumbup: tastes darn fine to me and my wallet
The turbinado sugar is steep around here is why I use dark brown sugar but I see a good product on my end as well with it :thumbup:
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Our price is 10$ us for feed grade, unless I find a partner in crime to half a 55 gal drum I'm stuck with this price, sadly!
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Shine0n wrote:Our price is 10$ us for feed grade, unless I find a partner in crime to half a 55 gal drum I'm stuck with this price, sadly!
Same here. That's the cheapest I've found for this poor boy.