pricing on sugar

Sugar, and all about sugar washes. Where the primary ingredient is sugar, and other things are just used as nutrients.

Moderator: Site Moderator

pricing on sugar

Post by Guest »

is $28 for 100 a good price on beet sugar?
runforthehills

Post by runforthehills »

Not sure how Beet sugar differs, but Costco sells regular sugar in 25lb bag for $8.50 or $3.49 per 10lb bag so your price seems good
Dec

Post by Dec »

Beet sugar is generally just pure refined sucrose
$28 for 100lbs works out about 61c per kilo.

The cheapest I get mine is 82(euro)c per kilo which is about a dollar.

So yeah.. good price
knuklehead
Rumrunner

Post by knuklehead »

I just bought a 40kg bag of sugar at Cosco. Cost me $0.73 Canadian per kg. Some times I can get it at the local drug store for $0.50 per kg but then they limit how much you can buy sice the sale is just ment to get customers in the store.
... I say God bless you, I don't say bless you ... I am not the Lord, I can't do that ...
Dane Cook
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

$1.79 per 5 lb bag here
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
swpeddle
Novice

Post by swpeddle »

[quote="knuklehead"]I just bought a 40kg bag of sugar at Cosco. Cost me $0.73 Canadian per kg. Some times I can get it at the local drug store for $0.50 per kg but then they limit how much you can buy sice the sale is just ment to get customers in the store.[/quote]

sounds like you hit the same sale at Shopper's Drugmart that I did last year.....I felt like a felon when I bought 24 bags of sguar and nothing else. I commented to my wife that I almost thought it was a sting operation to figure out who the local bootleggers were.
pangea

Post by pangea »

I bought 25# of pure cane sugar at Sams for about $9 tax included.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

when i get looks when buying large amounts of suger .i mutter about getting out of the bee raising buiness.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Yttrium
Swill Maker

Post by Yttrium »

Its been a while but my local kroger supermarket ocassionally sells sugar for sugar for 25 US cents a pound. One time they were out of one brand and were selling sugar for 20 US cents a pound. I still kick myself for not buying out the entire store supply... :lol:
The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. --John Conner
MyDBear
Swill Maker

Post by MyDBear »

our sugar here is $0.25 per pound.. and less than that if ya buy in bulk and I dont mean if ya but a bunch of 5 lb bags..I mean if ya buy 25 lb bags
Be Patient God aint finished with me yet
DBM

Sugar

Post by DBM »

I'm paying $.40 lb
knuklehead
Rumrunner

Post by knuklehead »

swpeddle wrote:
sounds like you hit the same sale at Shopper's Drugmart that I did last year.....I felt like a felon when I bought 24 bags of sguar and nothing else. I commented to my wife that I almost thought it was a sting operation to figure out who the local bootleggers were.
LOL, that's funny since I didn't even mention the name of the store, but you got it right. 24 bags, wow, your lucky, they only let me by 4-2kg bags at a time. My wife is the store accountant and I questioned her about the "sting operation" you mentioned :lol: but she, so far is dening everything but mind you, she could be in on it. I will keep my eyes peeled and let you know your mission "get cheap sugar form shoppers" should be aborted. Over and out. :wink:
... I say God bless you, I don't say bless you ... I am not the Lord, I can't do that ...
Dane Cook
swpeddle
Novice

Post by swpeddle »

[quote="knuklehead"][quote="swpeddle"]

sounds like you hit the same sale at Shopper's Drugmart that I did last year.....I felt like a felon when I bought 24 bags of sguar and nothing else. I commented to my wife that I almost thought it was a sting operation to figure out who the local bootleggers were.[/quote]
LOL, that's funny since I didn't even mention the name of the store, but you got it right. 24 bags, wow, your lucky, they only let me by 4-2kg bags at a time. My wife is the store accountant and I questioned her about the "sting operation" you mentioned :lol: but she, so far is dening everything but mind you, she could be in on it. I will keep my eyes peeled and let you know your mission "get cheap sugar form shoppers" should be aborted. Over and out. :wink:[/quote]

Geez, I just realized that we probably just gave our approximate location away since I doubt Shoppers has the same sales across all the different regions of Canada. I wonder how large an area the sale was valid for?
Jaxom
Swill Maker

Post by Jaxom »

Walmart consistantly has 5lbs bags of sugar for .58 cents. And last time I was there, they has distilled water cheaper then what it would cost me in time/effort to make myself... .25 a gallon!

Jaxx
Yttrium
Swill Maker

Post by Yttrium »

58 US cents for 5 pounds of sugar? Wow, walmart sells it for $1.78 for 5 pounds in my area.
The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. --John Conner

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Jaxom wrote:Walmart consistantly has 5lbs bags of sugar for .58 cents. And last time I was there, they has distilled water cheaper then what it would cost me in time/effort to make myself... .25 a gallon!

Jaxx
.58 ??? I would buy TONS of it if it were that cheap.....

I found a deal like this ONCE in a local grocery store....But the cheapest I ever see it Anywhere is around $1.00-$1.50 per 5lb bag and even that is rare.
I usually end up at Sam's club and pay 9.99 for a 25lb bag
Just remember... every time you buy at Walmart god kills a puppy.
Jaxom
Swill Maker

Post by Jaxom »

Wonder what he does when I buy something with my Sam's card then???
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

well

Post by Uncle Jesse »

when you use your sams card another family-owned market goes under.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Jaxom
Swill Maker

Post by Jaxom »

You can buy a family at a market! Well, I'll be....!