42 Degree below vodka

Sugar, and all about sugar washes. Where the primary ingredient is sugar, and other things are just used as nutrients.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bushman
Admin

42 Degree below vodka

Post by Bushman »

One of my best friends died from Covid and this last two days we helped his wife moved to a condo from their nice home just down the lake from us. She could no longer afford to live in her home on her single income. While moving her she had a bottle of 42 degree below vodka from New Zealand. I had never heard of it but the bottle had been open but nothing had been taken from the bottle. It had small chunks in the bottom but the smell was still good. Her daughter was about to pour it down the drain when I stopped her and told her I would take it. To be safe I thought I would start a sugar wash of BW and add it to the run.
Bushman
Admin

Re: 42 Degree below vodka

Post by Bushman »

Should add that I was a bit surprised to find small chunks in the bottle considering the abv. Also it had a bit of a licorice smell and the color was a mellow yellow similar to a citrus vodka. Anyone familiar with the vodka that can explain if any of this is natural with the vodka?
SaltyStaves
Distiller

Post by SaltyStaves »

They make many different flavoured vodkas. The standard bottling should just be blue lettering. If it was that one and it had floaties, I'd be suspicious.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Probably an additive for mouth feel.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

Filter it and drink it Bushy 👍... or just drink it . :ewink:
zed255
Distiller

Post by zed255 »

When clearing out my grandfather's liquor cabinet after he passed I found two curious bottles of vodka. One was a now forgotten Russian brand, bottle tax banded 1976 and unopened but missing about 1/3rd of its volume. The other was a much more recent bottle of a Canadian brand, Banff Ice, that had a mass of clear crystals growing at the bottom of the bottle. It was factory sealed too.
----------
Zed

When the Student is ready, the Master will appear.
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Yummyrum wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:13 am Filter it and drink it Bushy 👍... or just drink it . :ewink:
Was thinking the same thing just thought with the members we have from NZ someone might have a thought about the vodka :thumbup:
MihiT
Bootlegger

Post by MihiT »

It's considered one of the better vodkas down here. I like it, but it's basically just a clean neutral With good mouthfeel. I prefer a bit more aroma to know where it's come from (russian gold standard & unpronounceable ukranian / polish brands)
AlWorms
Novice

Post by AlWorms »