Is there wrong kind of copper?

Forum for the discussion of any material/synthetics.Only posts with info /or links to research info allowed . Any posts recommend the use of any material without copy's or links to show proven research will be deleted

Moderator: Site Moderator

Jaska
Novice

Is there wrong kind of copper?

Post by Jaska »

Hello!
i just got my tax refunds and i was going to use that money to make me a big still for stripping runs. i have 30 liter copper alembic that i have used it to strip wash in many parts and then do a spirit run. i would like to have a bigger still for stripping and then do spirit run with my store bought alembic.
the thing is that the still that i own is bought from store and this time i would want to make it my self but i dont have any experience of buying copper sheets.
i live in small country and i cant find much copper sheets or prices on the internet. one that i have found just say its copper sheet 1mmX1000mmX2000mm, price 100€/m2 (local metal company had double times that price). is there any change i can f**k this up and buy copper sheet that is not good for still making?
some firms sold copper roofs, can i ask sheets from them?
im afraid calling them and asking questions becouse i dont know if they start saying some technical terms i dont understand and i dont even know what to ask for...
could you help newbie builder?
Kareltje
Distiller

Re: Is there wrong kind of copper?

Post by Kareltje »

Jaska wrote:Hello!
i just got my tax refunds and i was going to use that money to make me a big still for stripping runs. i have 30 liter copper alembic that i have used it to strip wash in many parts and then do a spirit run. i would like to have a bigger still for stripping and then do spirit run with my store bought alembic.
the thing is that the still that i own is bought from store and this time i would want to make it my self but i dont have any experience of buying copper sheets.
i live in small country and i cant find much copper sheets or prices on the internet. one that i have found just say its copper sheet 1mmX1000mmX2000mm, price 100€/m2 (local metal company had double times that price). is there any change i can f**k this up and buy copper sheet that is not good for still making?
some firms sold copper roofs, can i ask sheets from them?
im afraid calling them and asking questions becouse i dont know if they start saying some technical terms i dont understand and i dont even know what to ask for...
could you help newbie builder?
I understand your questions.
But as most of us are not living in your country or are familiar with your country, I think you can not expect an answer.
Speaking for myself: I live in a small country in Europe, also in the EU, I sometimes see your euro-coins, but I really can not begin to find an answer to your questions.
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Jaska, I don't know copper but I did find this in the forums: http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=13167
Jaska
Novice

Post by Jaska »

Thank you for replys. I guess i call somewhere and ask bunch of dum questions and order some copper to planish.
Jaska
Novice

Post by Jaska »

In case some one else is having this same problem, i found out that distilleries use dhp copper.
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

What is dhp copper
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Ain't sure where you at with them squiggly lines an such an truth be tole it ain't none of my business.
Round here it 16 ounce an 20 ounce.
16 is cheaper an easyer to work. 20 ain't.
Put 20 in your bottom if you puttin it on blocks.
Every year the ole boys replace bottoms for folks cause of pin hole form dents an such. If you get one put a screw through it it'll get you through your charge

So I'm tole