Hereford Distillery

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Beerbrewer
Swill Maker

Hereford Distillery

Post by Beerbrewer »

Can any of you match this column? :ebiggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7QVSLNAoB4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
moose11
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Hereford Distillery

Post by moose11 »

Wow 119 plates! :o and then carbon filtered. That must be the cleanest tasting vodka made in the world!
Beerbrewer
Swill Maker

Post by Beerbrewer »

Yeah, was thinking of buying a bottle as they are not far from me but I have no money so I'm going to concentrate on my own stuff for now.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Wow, that video makes me want to try a bottle. 119 distillations, holy crap. I wonder how much heat he has to throw at the boiler to get it to boil up through that many plates?
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
bronzdragon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bronzdragon »

They're sure taking it to the limit, I'd hate to see how much that tower cost. He kept talking about the unique potato flavor, with that many distillations, I'd be surprised if it had any flavor what-so-ever.

~bd~
"If it weren't for the alcohol, beer would be a healthfood."
mannye
Bootlegger

Post by mannye »

bronzdragon wrote:They're sure taking it to the limit, I'd hate to see how much that tower cost. He kept talking about the unique potato flavor, with that many distillations, I'd be surprised if it had any flavor what-so-ever.

~bd~
My thoughts exactly! I don't even have my still yet, but as it goes through each stage and leaves more and more of the impurities behind, wouldn't the end product just be darn near laboratory-grade ethanol? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Do they use potato flavored water to bring it back down to 40%? That's the only way I can imagine any flavor at all getting into the final product.