new bust

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

mickbear
Novice

new bust

Post by mickbear »

http://wreg.com/2013/07/13/owner-of-ill ... by-county/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
S-Cackalacky
retired

Re: new bust

Post by S-Cackalacky »

Seems like a small operation to be making it for sale. Sounds like someone ratted him out. Maybe add to "don't tell, don't sell", "don't piss anybody off".

Just sayin',
S-C
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
WIski
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WIski »

I've seen someone post this similar thought and believe all should take a step back and really consider what happens when things break down a bit on the home front. I think very few keep their little secret from the better half. I'm not saying that's what happened here because it say's he was selling but piss off the partner and stupid shit happens?????? :shock: You got no control over that!!!!!
guittarmaster
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by guittarmaster »

or if it what we do make it's way back to a crazy/bitter EX..... :shifty:
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

guittarmaster wrote:or if it what we do make it's way back to a crazy/bitter EX..... :shifty:
And arent all ex's crazy and bitter? :wtf:
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

Among other items, detectives found 30 gallons of “mash,” 10 gallons of finished “corn whiskey,” a 6 foot tall marijuana plant and 8 bars of Zanax.
Seems like there's always a bunch of other stuff involved :eh: Never even heard of Zanax before :roll:
I do all my own stunts
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Jimbo wrote:
guittarmaster wrote:or if it what we do make it's way back to a crazy/bitter EX..... :shifty:
And arent all ex's crazy and bitter? :wtf:
I thought so . Mine got the feds on my ass in the late '80's for things other than this hobby . My tracks were covered well enough that they found nothing . Still was a pain in the ass to be under Federal scrutiny .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
F6Hawk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by F6Hawk »

It's not Zanax, it's Xanax, common name for Alprazolam. Anti-anxiety medicine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alprazolam" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

http://www.alldrugmed.com/images/produc ... %20bar.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Yeah my ex was crapping on about how I could get into trouble If Someone was to dob me in. knowing full bloody well where this conversation was going I said nar not really coppers don't give 2 shits unless ya selling it and I aren't selling, so with that blackmail plan thwarted she walked off looking jaded and disappointed . they had a news bulletin the other day I'm told in Adelaide , some guy found with some piddly 5 ltr still and and made a big to do over how there was enough stuff there to produce 28 ltrs . They latter announced that the "stuff" they were talking about was essences, nothing illegal was found and no charges were laid Jeez :roll: what a beat up (musta been a slow news day monitoring the scanners)
It's not Zanax, it's Xanax, common name for Alprazolam. Anti-anxiety medicine.
:lol: He would have been spewing given he would have likely needed that medication or at least a joint after that day :moresarcasm:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

blind drunk wrote:
Among other items, detectives found 30 gallons of “mash,” 10 gallons of finished “corn whiskey,” a 6 foot tall marijuana plant and 8 bars of Zanax.
Seems like there's always a bunch of other stuff involved :eh: Never even heard of Zanax before :roll:
I know right. I have yet to see where the news reports about a fella that except for the stilling,,,,is otherwise keeping his nose clean.

Always seems to be a knuckle head that has to dabble in some additional form(s) of seedy enterprise/bad decision making type behavior.

That is why I really do not think the TTB is targeting regular hardworking hobbyists. Maybe I'm wrong,,,,I usually am.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

regular hardworking hobbyists
Good line, LW. Gutta work it into the manifesto literature.
I do all my own stunts
blond_chap
Novice

Post by blond_chap »

mianasad111 wrote:I found this weblog rather helpful. The particulars and exact recommendation are specifically what I was wanting. I’ve book marked and will definitely be returning.Thanks for the information in this blog.The posting in this site is very cool and also interesting.I had read the entire blog and I came to know many things which I don't know before.I am sure that the visitors who visit this site will also be enjoying reading the posts.Keep it up.Waiting for new posts from you to be posted in this site.
I agree, it's a great weblog, I also enjoy the particulars and exact recommendations. Glad you joined too, because I've been looking for a web designer in Pakistan and matrimonial law advice :lolno: I love spam
midnightmaraude
Swill Maker

Post by midnightmaraude »

S-Cackalacky wrote:Seems like a small operation to be making it for sale. Sounds like someone ratted him out. Maybe add to "don't tell, don't sell", "don't piss anybody off".

Just sayin',
S-C

Don't piss anyone off you're right about. We had a friend who ended up moving in in the apartment below us. Things soured and well we weren't friends anymore and she befriended the neighbor next to her..told her all about my still and what I do "upstairs". One night an argument broke out between my girl and her and the police were called. I heard her new friend say something about my "still". Fortunately I didn't have anything running at the moment or set up not to mention I haven't ran in a long while so I didn't even have any shine to speak of, just empty bottles in a box and on the counter.

I do swear the police tried looking around in the kitchen to see if I was distilling anything.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

This dumbshit in the OP link was selling his likker in Arkansas, growing weed and had illegal pharmaceuticals. Fuck the idiot. He deserves the bust. This is NOT who we are.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Jimbo wrote:This dumbshit in the OP link was selling his likker in Arkansas, growing weed and had illegal pharmaceuticals. Fuck the idiot. He deserves the bust. This is NOT who we are.
+1 :thumbup:
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Hessian
Novice

Post by Hessian »

The best way to prevent the whole breakdown on the home front is to not let the home front break down. Also have the craft as something you do together. I do all rum and whiskey. She does all the fruit and berry brandies. I learned the craft as plan B. Skill and knowledge are worth more than money and stock pile of junk. No mater how bad things get people will still drink, smoke tobacco and eat. I have done the grow food thing now the distiller thing and eventually will try the grow tobacco thing.

On a side note I saw some white whiskey in the store yesterday that was made at new licensed distillery. The stuff had whitish blue green precipitate in it. While I claim by no means to be an expert I think I could do better than that. They need to change to law and make us like home brewers and wine makers.

Cheers Hessian