Gaines County bust - puppys love the vet there ...

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Doogie
Trainee

Gaines County bust - puppys love the vet there ...

Post by Doogie »

http://www.kcbd.com/story/23269755/week ... vet-clinic

GAINES COUNTY, TX -

Investigators with the Gaines County Sheriff's Office discovered moonshine during a weekend bust at a veterinary clinic located east of Seminole on U.S. Highway 180.

Officers uncovered 36 1/2 gallons of moonshine (22 gallon jars/ 54 quart jars) with an estimated street value of $4,500, along with two functioning moonshine stills and a large amount of moonshine paraphernalia.

Investigators say the location was manufacturing, distilling, storing, and possessing moonshine with intent to sell.

Ivan Ray Muennink, 54, and his son, Quinton Ray Muennink, 18, were arrested during execution of the warrant for possession of alcohol in a dry area.
LTV - "keep in mind distilling is like masturbating. You do one wrong and you go blind."

Want to keep people from consulting idiots on youTube about distilling?? Don't be an idiot when someone asks for advice ... Help them
FullySilenced
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Gaines County bust - puppys love the vet there ...

Post by FullySilenced »

He is a veterinary... I bet this was animal research not sellin shine... checking to see if spent grain would improve feed ratio's and making disenfectant for the clinic.... and something to help any animals that might come in with methanol poisoning...
Last edited by FullySilenced on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DFitz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DFitz »

FullySilenced wrote:He is a veterinary... I bet this was animal research not sellin shine... checking to see if spend grain would improve feed ratio's and making disenfectant for the clinic.... and something to help any animals that might come in with methanol poisoning...
Anesthetic :lol: .....
DAD300
Master of Distillation

Post by DAD300 »

Do the math? $204 a gallon! HA........
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005
bluenose
Bootlegger

Post by bluenose »

DAD300 wrote:Do the math? $204 a gallon! HA........
I get $123.29/gal
I'm not a shiner, but I play one on TV
kickingb
Novice

Post by kickingb »

Texas takes its dry county's serious! Nothing in that area but jack rabbits and dirt. Someone talked.
I might not change the World, But I'm gonna leave one helluva Scar.... Blackberry Smoke
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

In any dry county in any state there are going to be established leggers that know and pay the right people to keep the county dry and keep newbies from encroaching on their bottom line . Rough damn game to take cards in .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
drinkingdog
Rumrunner

Post by drinkingdog »

bluenose wrote:
I get $123.29/gal
Hopefully you are joking. If you are bad taste on this forum. If your not, you probably should go somewhere else.
My Grandpa used to say. Don't argue with an idiot, because he will just drag you down to his level then beat you with experience.
He also used to say. I didn't say it was your fault. I just said that I was blaming you.

DD
Husker
retired

Post by Husker »

drinkingdog wrote:
bluenose wrote:
I get $123.29/gal
Hopefully you are joking. If you are bad taste on this forum. If your not, you probably should go somewhere else.
DD, Chill a bit.
Officers uncovered 36 1/2 gallons of moonshine (22 gallon jars/ 54 quart jars) with an estimated street value of $4,500,
4500 / 36.5 is 123.29. bluenose was not saying that HE was getting 123 a gallon, but that the article listed 123 a gallon, which is a total farse, unless they are counting selling at retail bar single drink prices.

H.
Hillbilly Rebel: Unless you are one of the people on this site who are legalling distilling, keep a low profile, don't tell, don't sell.
Boda Getta
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Boda Getta »

drinkingdog:

"Hopefully you are joking. If you are bad taste on this forum. If your not, you probably should go somewhere else."

I don't understand your post, who and why did you flame? Dad stated it came to $204.00/gal and Bluenose simply corrected his math to $123.29/gal. Was your post flaming Dad for this inadvertent math error or were you flaming Bluenose for simply correcting his math. IMHO, either was uncalled for and not in keeping with the rules of this Forum and certainly not the spirit.

Why not flame the reporter (probably not a Forum member) for his math error - 22 gals + 54 qts = 35 1/2 gals.

A related question: I wonder how the law arrived at the $4,500.00 "street value"?

BG
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

I'm sure DAD misunderstood as I also did for a minute or two.....I'm super easy to trick.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

I misread bluenoses post too. Took me reading huskers post to figure it out. I cants dos the maths that quick. :crazy:
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
drinkingdog
Rumrunner

Post by drinkingdog »

]My bad. I took it as someone being arrogant about selling. Please except my humble apology. Just trying to look out for the forums interests.
My Grandpa used to say. Don't argue with an idiot, because he will just drag you down to his level then beat you with experience.
He also used to say. I didn't say it was your fault. I just said that I was blaming you.

DD
Richard7
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Richard7 »

Don't worry drinkingdog,
I can see where you could take it that way. When I read the post I was still doing the math so I was on the same page as the poster. I read your post and had to go back to find out what you were pissed about! When I figured it out it made me laugh.
I agree that if you do this for a hobby selling is bad! Make it for yourself and enjoy the satisfaction of making a good product!

Richard7
"yeah? yeah? the maple flavored kind?" A dog on you tube.
Doogie
Trainee

Post by Doogie »

boda getta wrote:A related question: I wonder how the law arrived at the $4,500.00 "street value"?
The same way they are able to estimate how much hookers make ... "research" :shock: :lol:
LTV - "keep in mind distilling is like masturbating. You do one wrong and you go blind."

Want to keep people from consulting idiots on youTube about distilling?? Don't be an idiot when someone asks for advice ... Help them
bluenose
Bootlegger

Post by bluenose »

drinkingdog wrote:]My bad. I took it as someone being arrogant about selling. Please except my humble apology. Just trying to look out for the forums interests.
No problems here... I can see how my post could be taken the wrong way :thumbup:

I'm guessing they were basing the $4500 on approx $1 per ounce as if that's what bootleggers might charge per drink...

36.5 gal * 128 ounces per gal = 4672 ounces
I'm not a shiner, but I play one on TV