Devils Backbone Distillery Rum

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hilltop
Swill Maker

Devils Backbone Distillery Rum

Post by Hilltop »

The spirit is made up of heads, hearts and tails — the stuff in the beginning, middle and end, respectively. Casto's goal is to really bring out the hearts, the middle meat of the spirit.
Sounds like no cuts are being made. Sounds like aspirin will be needed for headaches.

https://amp.newsleader.com/amp/466123002" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
"Virtute et armis" By valor and arms

Let's keep our country free as God has given us.

"Give me Liberty or Give me Death."
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Devils Backbone Distillery Rum

Post by bilgriss »

That sounds bad. But I also know the paper, and I can see how this is probably a mis-quote that Castro is unhappy with.

Castro the Stiller - "When you distill the rum, you start with heads, move through hearts in the middle of the run, and end up with tails. We're really trying to just capture the flavor in the hearts. That's the meat of the spirit."

Paper (see quote in post above).

Or, I might be wrong....
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

I can say that Devil’s Backbone makes makes mighty fine beer.
It’s a pretty sloppy article.
I haven’t seen their rum but would like to try it.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

It's about 2 hours from my home, I'd have to look at the local abc and see if it's there yet or not but if it isn't I'll pick up a 5th and bring to S318.

Their beer is some of the best and sells very well around here and is at alot of the pubs around.

Said they've spent millions on the distillery but from the pics on the website I can't see where. Possibly the tasting room not the actual distillery.

They throw a hella party in the fall, my oldest son and I camped for 2 days there and had a ball. Bon fires, bands, women, friendly folks gettin drunk and enjoying them selves.