Louisville bust..

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: Louisville bust..

Post by Saltbush Bill »

jb-texshine wrote:No sales or intent to sell on his part. 30 gallons ofixed heads and tails at 30% is what he had. The video wave 3 aired used stock footage from moonshiners mixed in with actual videos of his stuff.
Thanks for the update, I for one hope that Pint walks away from this with a minimum of hassle.
What ever side of the forum fence you sit on it has to be said that he has contributed a fair bit to this hobby in his time.
Ive learned a lot from his writings in the time Ive been distilling.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Jb to be shure. You ain't thinkin bout arguein proof to law.
That would be tax man not likker man.
He got a outfit an only got heads an tales an they
gonna say there was middlins cooked. Where is they.
They gonna say you had 17 1/2 gal of meddlins
Reporter an law is careless with the truth.

Was tole 1 drop or a 1000 gal . untaxed likker is untaxed likker.

Any of y'all from likker country will know.

So I'm tole
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

goose eye wrote:Jb to be shure. You ain't thinkin bout arguein proof to law.
That would be tax man not likker man.
He got a outfit an only got heads an tales an they
gonna say there was middlins cooked. Where is they.
They gonna say you had 17 1/2 gal of meddlins
Reporter an law is careless with the truth.

Was tole 1 drop or a 1000 gal . untaxed likker is untaxed likker.

Any of y'all from likker country will know.

So I'm tole
A stitch up is a stitch up !

There will be a plea of guilty - to something which will go on a record !

Sad world we live in - but the establishment - will always stitch you up !
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

It's all in how they word his probation.
His lawyer gonna earn his money.

2 year suspended 5 year probation. Would be my guess
It's all bout if he can have any contact with distillin
business

Is a shame

So I'm tole
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Don't know about Kentucky but here the difference between a big stick and a little switch is the difference between a bust for making and selling, state giving ya a kick up the pants or federal ATO and customs nailing you to a cross.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Alchemist75
Rumrunner

Post by Alchemist75 »

While I never really got to know pint it's unsettling to hear that a forum member has gotten busted. With any luck he'll walk away with a financial slap on the wrist and not worse. Is this the first time a forum member (that we know about) has gotten into trouble?
SOLVE ET COAGULA, ET HABEBIS MAGISTERIUM
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Alchemist75 wrote:While I never really got to know pint it's unsettling to hear that a forum member has gotten busted. With any luck he'll walk away with a financial slap on the wrist and not worse. Is this the first time a forum member (that we know about) has gotten into trouble?
nope.

don't yell. don't sell.

experimentation is legal here without a permit. Wonder if the same in Ky? be a great defense being tied to the industry.

"naw sir yer honour, the rough likker the sherriff picked up was just for testing enzyme production. never drank that crap..." :shifty:

"just never got around to disposing of it safely at the hazardous goods depot"
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

well that sure is the hard way to get your name back on HD I wish him luck.

being third man on the match sucks.
be water my friend
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Yeah, my guess would confiscation of equipment; helluv a fine, forbidden from participation in online liqqer activities -like these forums. Judges generally gotta heart an common sense. Pint shoulda known better and its tIme ta pay the piper, tough as it may be. We all take the risk knowin' the possibility is there. Get off'n yer asses an work for legalization.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

HDNB wrote:
Alchemist75 wrote:While I never really got to know pint it's unsettling to hear that a forum member has gotten busted. With any luck he'll walk away with a financial slap on the wrist and not worse. Is this the first time a forum member (that we know about) has gotten into trouble?
nope.
don't yell. don't sell.
experimentation is legal here without a permit. Wonder if the same in Ky? be a great defense being tied to the industry.

"naw sir yer honour, the rough likker the sheriff picked up was just for testing enzyme production. never drank that crap..." :shifty:
"just never got around to disposing of it safely at the hazardous goods depot"
Ang and Barn.jpg
You have to consider it will be a Kentucky jury.
Plus, as a consultant to legal distillers, he would need, right or wrongly, to do research on enzymes and methods.
Be interesting to follow the outcome.
I'm wishing him good luck.
:thumbup:
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

Twisted Brick wrote:
jb-texshine wrote:Pints own words:
No sales or intent to sell on his part. 30 gallons ofixed heads and tails at 30% is what he had. The video wave 3 aired used stock footage from moonshiners mixed in with actual videos of his stuff.

Jbt
Any (honest) lawyer worth his J.D. will explain how ludicrous the inflated numbers were, and with the help of an expert microdistiller witness paint a picture of the railroad job. If indeed there is no proof of any sales,(or intent) hopefully reduce the charges to a minimum, pay a fine and avoid a trial.

Yeah to this. I'd have a good lawyer and a witness master distiller making an argument that if you drink (and want to make) 1/2 gallon of 3yr old whiskey per month, you need to sit on 18 gallons of product, with close to that much of useless byproducts (heads/tails) as well.

Not sure it would do any good, but that'd be my attempt.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

KY ; nol pros or max sentence . Depends on the prosecutor and the jury . Hopefully no charges will be presented prior to MidTerms . No pols , just fact . So goes the Nation ; so goes Pint .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Copperhead road
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Copperhead road »

jb-texshine wrote:Pints own words:
No sales or intent to sell on his part. 30 gallons ofixed heads and tails at 30% is what he had. The video wave 3 aired used stock footage from moonshiners mixed in with actual videos of his stuff.

Jbt
Thanx for the update Jbt, it’s good to know the facts from the media bullsh#t. :silent:
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
just sayin
Rumrunner

Post by just sayin »

Very sorry to see Pint's story! 200 gallons a week, Pinto must have super powers he has kept secret...
I hope it goes well for you Sherman!
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Well guys, they went there with a warrant and found an illegal distilling operation. My question is, what's the warrant for? If it was for the still then that's one thing. I'm sure the setup can make 200 gallons a week, if you run it constantly, which we all know isn't really feasible.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

Uncle Jesse wrote:Well guys, they went there with a warrant and found an illegal distilling operation. My question is, what's the warrant for? If it was for the still then that's one thing. I'm sure the setup can make 200 gallons a week, if you run it constantly, which we all know isn't really feasible.
So I've run some 100 gallon washes, using over 200 Lbs Panela to make a wash.
At best you can get 10 gallons around 65% doing this and you have to keep almost everything.

It would take me 2 tons of Panela to produce 200 gallons of spirit.

If I had 2 of the 100 gallon fermenters going I could run one while the other was fermenting and then start a new ferment in that one and start running the other.
It would have to be near continuous which means shifts of people running things.

Or a lot more equipment I guess.
Just trying to work it out in my head, like the story about visualizing a trillion dollars - even with $1000 bills it is difficult.
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

nerdybrewer wrote:
Uncle Jesse wrote:Well guys, they went there with a warrant and found an illegal distilling operation. My question is, what's the warrant for? If it was for the still then that's one thing. I'm sure the setup can make 200 gallons a week, if you run it constantly, which we all know isn't really feasible.
At best you can get 10 gallons around 65% doing this and you have to keep almost everything.

If I had 2 of the 100 gallon fermenters going I could run one while the other was fermenting and then start a new ferment in that one and start running the other.
It would have to be near continuous which means shifts of people running things.

Just trying to work it out in my head, like the story about visualizing a trillion dollars - even with $1000 bills it is difficult.
Same with drug busts in Northern California. They pull 100 marijuana plants, drop them on a scale and say "Millions of dollars worth of marijuana seized" after weighing an entire, undried, untrimmed plant, roots and all.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Fruit Squeezer
Bootlegger

Post by Fruit Squeezer »

They do the same with pot busts.
"Police siezed 40 pounds of pot from a grow operation, with a street value of over $100,000".
They never mention if they weighed the 10 plants they found with roots and all, or if they picked it, dried it, and accurately determined it's retail value.
I guess when they're looking for "atta-boys" and blank checks from Uncle Sam, they tend to over-state their sucesses.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Same the world over, we use to see on telly this or that with street value of something bloody ridiculous and we'd be sayin if only we knew where this high dollar street was we'd all be walking through high cotton. You would have to be fairly dim witted to believe any of those kinds of reports but I guess some folks just are, I'd assume the officers of the court are not.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
bluefish_dist
Distiller

Post by bluefish_dist »

nerdybrewer wrote:

Even if you had two 100 gallon fermenters, you couldn't do it since it takes more than a day to ferment. For me rum takes about 2 weeks, so if you were running daily or even every other day you would need 6-10 fermenters or almost 1000 gallons fermenting at any given time. Not happening with what I saw in the pictures.
Formerly
Dsp-CO-20051
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

You guys need to be retained as expert witnesses.

-jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
BaxtersDad
Swill Maker

Post by BaxtersDad »

So, any update on what is going on with Pintoshine"s case? We would love to be kept up to date. Hate the suspense!
just sayin
Rumrunner

Post by just sayin »

Does anyone know the outcome for Pint? Any update would be greatly appreciated...
Samyguy
Bootlegger

Post by Samyguy »

Justice moves SLOWLY
just sayin
Rumrunner

Post by just sayin »

Injustice is SLOWER yet...just sayin'
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

An important legal principle:

Justice delayed is justice denied.

Geoff
The Baker
Alchemist75
Rumrunner

Post by Alchemist75 »

Justice is merely sanctioned vengance. In this case it's uncle sam seeking revenge for a percieved loss of a couple copper pieces......if even that.
SOLVE ET COAGULA, ET HABEBIS MAGISTERIUM
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Yet to hear a senario where victimless crime and justice served belong in the same sentence
just sayin
Rumrunner

Post by just sayin »

Amen, Brother!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Seems a guilty plea led to the loss of a cheap still and a $250 fine, I'd say this could have gone worse.