Bust in South Carolina

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Bust in South Carolina

Post by Yonder »

Jumpin’ Jesus. Them fellas needed to have their operation busted up. Anyone that makes anything in that sorta filth should be in jail. Kinda people that would shoot ducks on the ground, just dishonest.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
jog666
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jog666 »

Hot damn!!
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Them boy's ain't got no pride
Rigs like that give moonshiners a bad name
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

shadylane wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:17 am Them boy's ain't got no pride
Rigs like that give moonshiners a bad name
+1 I have never seen anything that bad posted on this forum!
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Better pictures from this article..
https://www.thestate.com/news/state/sou ... 67453.html

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
cayars
Distiller

Post by cayars »

I thought you guys may have been exaggerating a bit on the conditions. NOPE, not at all. What a shit hole operation they were running. Steel barrel stills?

Wonder how much free rust accompanied each quart of moonshine they made?
Programmer specializing in process control for ExxonMobil (ethanol refinery control), WT, Omron, Bosch, Honeywell & Boeing.
More than a decade working for NASA & FAA Tech with computer code used on Space Shuttles and some airline flight recorders.
Irishgnome
Swill Maker

Post by Irishgnome »

Shoot
That rust is known as rapid aging round them parts.

To be honest, I don’t even want to think about the taste of that toxic waste. :sick:
And to think, people actually pay for that shit?!?
Sad!

Irish
"There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists until it's too late to do anything about it."
cayars
Distiller

Post by cayars »

The only thing worse then being the guys getting busted (if ever) will be to have known those guys and purchased or shared some of their hooch. I'd probably be throwing up in my own mouth as soon as I saw those pics.

Makes me half sick just looking at the pics.
Programmer specializing in process control for ExxonMobil (ethanol refinery control), WT, Omron, Bosch, Honeywell & Boeing.
More than a decade working for NASA & FAA Tech with computer code used on Space Shuttles and some airline flight recorders.
pope
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pope »

They should've followed the forum rules! Good lord that's a mess. This is why laws exist to regulate commercial operations.
"A little learning is a dang'rous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again." - Alexander Pope
6 Row Joe
Rumrunner

Post by 6 Row Joe »

Holy cow. What a mess. Are we sure it isn't just some old equipment at a old still site? Doesn't look like anything that has been used recently. The bad thing is that if we have any chance of ever getting home distilling legalised, clowns like these are what the law and govt. use as examples. (banghead)
I don't drink alcohol, I drink distilled spirits.
Therefore I'm not a alcoholic, I'm spiritual.
MtRainier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MtRainier »

it was apparently full of mash and distillate, so it must be active.

I can't understand what the market is for that kind of stuff. The bottom shelf of legal hooch at the county store is already so cheap. Cheaper than I can make at home. It just seems like it wouldn't be worth the trouble to make terrible tasting stuff illegally.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

MtRainier wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:26 pm it was apparently full of mash and distillate, so it must be active.

I can't understand what the market is for that kind of stuff. The bottom shelf of legal hooch at the county store is already so cheap. Cheaper than I can make at home. It just seems like it wouldn't be worth the trouble to make terrible tasting stuff illegally.

I know right.
I remember Goose said one time (and I'm paraphrasing), that ole boys shouldn't have an outfit that was so dear, that they'd have regrets about having to abandon it.
This one here sure seems to be an outfit that has checked that box.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

LWTCS wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:00 pm
I know right.
I remember Goose said one time (and I'm paraphrasing), that ole boys shouldn't have an outfit that was so dear, that they'd have regrets about having to abandon it.
This one here sure seems to be an outfit that has checked that box.
Larry Goose’s comment should fall under “Great Sayings”. Never truer words have been spoken regarding moonshiners!