Teslaquilla (Tesla Tequila)

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Teslaquilla (Tesla Tequila)

Post by Twisted Brick »

I read this morning that Elon Musk, on a lark, has released his own signature tequila...

Teslaquilla
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
8Ball
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Teslaquilla (Tesla Tequila)

Post by 8Ball »

The bottle is pretty cool but I’m thinking I could buy a lot of agave nectar for $250 bucks ... probably enough to fill a 5G cask.

🎱
🎱 The struggle is real and this rabbit hole just got interesting.
Per a conversation I had with Mr. Jay Gibbs regarding white oak barrel staves: “…you gotta get it burning good.”
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

I'm pretty tired of these billionaires gotta have their fingers in every goddamn pie out there.

they gave george a billion bucks for casa amigos tquila and now all the famous guys are on the bandwagon.

prolly just a bit jealous, but really...Ford built cars and seemed to manage to get by. But Musk needs paypal, cars, space ships, satellites, interwebbies, boring tunnels AND Tequila?? Jesus christ the guy's bank account is going to alter the rotation of the earth.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Post by Twisted Brick »

Yeah, the list of celebrities associated with a line of spirits is long. True, you can't begrudge them for trying to produce a competent spirit and realize a fair profit for their risk.

I brought up Elon Musk's offering simply for the artificial demand created by the name and shape of the bottle rather than what's inside of it. There's quite a contrast between the buyers of spirits who (like one of my brothers) really only drink to be conspicuous and flaunt the famous labels sitting on their bars and the guys/gals here who practice the art of distilling and quietly drink their hand-crafted spirits poured from a mason jar with a strip of blue tape on it.

Slainte!
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Chauncey »

Wait till ya see the tesla tequila truck.
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.
v-child
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by v-child »

Twisted Brick wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:31 pm .
.... their bars and the guys/gals here who practice the art of distilling and quietly drink their hand-crafted spirits poured from a mason jar with a strip of blue tape on it.

Slainte!
You've been sneaking in my stock? Blue masking tape is what I use for labels. Has the date, type of ferment, infusion if any and ABV.
8Ball
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by 8Ball »

v-child wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:46 am
.... their bars and the guys/gals here who practice the art of distilling and quietly drink their hand-crafted spirits poured from a mason jar with a strip of blue tape on it.

Slainte!
You've been sneaking in my stock? Blue masking tape is what I use for labels. Has the date, type of ferment, infusion if any and ABV.
Doesn’t everybody use blue tape?? I’ve used some fancier Avery bottle labels on my first good bourbon, but find that they are actually a pain to re-use. Blue tape is much more practical for keeping track of your inventory.

🎱
🎱 The struggle is real and this rabbit hole just got interesting.
Per a conversation I had with Mr. Jay Gibbs regarding white oak barrel staves: “…you gotta get it burning good.”
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

poured from a mason jar with a strip of blue tape on it.

Slainte!
:thumbup: LOL that's awesome!
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.