Ian Smiley in the news??

Anything about distilling ya read in news.

Moderator: Site Moderator

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Ian Smiley in the news??

Post by goinbroke2 »

Anybody know of Ian Smiley making shine in China??
Aug 20 2008
http://www.chinasourcingnews.com/2008/0 ... -in-china/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
pHneutral
Novice

Re: Ian Smiley in the news??

Post by pHneutral »

Finally, we're exporting some of our culture to China!

Corn Squeezins + International Relations for the win. :)
captstill215
Novice

Post by captstill215 »

I tried some chinese booze, It tasted like charcoal lighter. :lol: :lol:
Capt S
Maintain a low profile
dixiedrifter
Swill Maker

Post by dixiedrifter »

captstill215 wrote:I tried some chinese booze, It tasted like charcoal lighter. :lol: :lol:
That is because it may have actually been charcoal lighter.
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

Who is Ian Smiley? :(
OLD DOG LEARNING NEW TRICKS ......
tracker0945
Trainee

Post by tracker0945 »

olddog wrote:Who is Ian Smiley? :(

Hold on there olddog, don't show your iggorence in front of the good old USofA boys or they will want to come down here and eddify us all :shock: :shock:

Cheers.
2"x38" Bok mini and
Pot still with Leibig on 45 litre boiler
DestructoMutt
Swill Maker

Post by DestructoMutt »

i thought ian was one of you tracker0945. (from oztrailer-yuh)
Ugly

Post by Ugly »

He's a Canuck, his place of residence can be found by entering his name into a search engine. He's a very open consultant in the field of distilling and sells equipment in Canada and the US. (edited by Ugly to keep his addy off this forum as per request - if you really want to see it, it's on his website.)

not very far from me :wink:

I buy off his site
Last edited by Ugly on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracker0945
Trainee

Post by tracker0945 »

DestructoMutt wrote:i thought ian was one of you tracker0945. (from oztrailer-yuh)
OK guys, we now have a reason to invade Canada :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers.
2"x38" Bok mini and
Pot still with Leibig on 45 litre boiler
Ugly

Post by Ugly »

OK Boys, welcome to Canada, we'll have ya stumblin around on Rye Whiskeys and fine Canadian Ales faster than you can say "F@@K it's cold, let's go inside and drink"
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Hahaha, your nicer than me ugly! I would of said "you've already tried that and ended up with your whitehouse burnt down" ! :shock:

Just kiddin', tracker, you guys are always welcome up here, just bring your mukluks and toque eh? :lol:
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 »

Ugly wrote:He's a Canuck, his place of residence can be found by entering his name into a search engine. He's a very open consultant in the field of distilling and sells equipment in Canada and the US. (edited by Ugly to keep his addy off this forum as per request - if you really want to see it, it's on his website.)

not very far from me :wink:

I buy off his site
Hey Ugly, it says he lives in Napean. I used to be posted to Petawawa a few years ago and had friends in the JTF that lived in Napean. Anyway, you said you buy off his site, does he sell out of a business/store too or only on line? Just curious cause next time I'm back up to see other friends in Chalk river and stuff I'd stop by.
Thanks
Ugly

Post by Ugly »

Trakker is an Aussie GB2 ... they don't have a white house.. :P :lol: :lol: :lol: Instead, the Aussie's have smaller cities with really nice beaches and babes all over the place. I've fallen in love with more than one on first sight. I'm going back (to Australia) in 3 years for a one year stint with Ms Ugly and family just so we can all get a taste of a different but related culture. I spent a year there doing some consulting on a corporate exchange for one of the big brewers. Loved every second of it, though I've never seen so many things that can bite, sting, kick and otherwise maim or kill a human all in one place. Though none of it quites compares to the pants shitting action of a moose charge...

As to the other question, I'm not aware of a store there, but if you fire off an email to his wife Eleanor at sales@home-distilling.com she'll set you right. Nice people, good service (not a shill, just my own experience).
punkin
Master of Distillation

Post by punkin »

You make sure you let me know when you're on the East coast, i'll give you my addresse and we'll swap notes.
Ugly

Post by Ugly »

Thanks Punkin... a bottle of rye whiskey, maple sugar and some moose jerky in my pack and I'm on the way
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

Though none of it quites compares to the pants shitting action of a moose charge...
Croc charge. :mrgreen:
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
Ugly

Post by Ugly »

They have a super fast lunge, granted, but actually chase you? They can't run worth beans.

"Crikey... did you see the bleedin' size of that thing, neely took me bloody arm right off. Lucky for me they can't run. I'm going to go back in the swamp and wrestle that begger right into the waiting nets. Let's hope I don't lose a leg right here with my lil gal in the boat looking on"

I miss that guy. RIP. There was a man who could work the ratings.
HookLine
retired

Post by HookLine »

Ugly wrote:They have a super fast lunge, granted, but actually chase you? They can't run worth beans.
You wanna personally test that out? :lol: True, they can't 'run' in the same way a moose can, but they are pretty fast over a short distance on land.
Be safe.
Be discreet.
And have fun.
Ugly

Post by Ugly »

No need, had the Mythbusters do it for me...

But to be clear, I have no real wish to be chased by anything that size ... ever. At all. Not even once for kicks, while drunk and being filmed for a million bucks.

Feels like a Dr. Zeus day somehow...
topNoEvil0420
Novice

Post by topNoEvil0420 »

I live in Ottawa(nepean) and buy off Mr smiley , run runs the site out of his house and have had the pleasure of meeting his wife who dropped me off some supplies. Pretty nice people if you ask me, if you buy on the site online you can have the option to go pick it up, I usually Email just to confirm pick up time and avaliability of products. Pretty nice having them in my home town