plate valley 100% straight corn whiskey

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

plate valley 100% straight corn whiskey

Post by WooTeck »

so i recently picked up a stone wall jug of plate valley 100% straight corn whiskey 30 months old.

bought it mainly for the jug and was quite surprised by the product. its quite nice. very pale. it smell & tastes more like a spay side than i was expecting for corn likker.
has anyone else had some? what did you think?
StillLearning1
Trainee

Re: plate valley 100% straight corn whiskey

Post by StillLearning1 »

I've mentioned it several tines in a few threads. As far as "legal shine" goes I'd say its the best I've had by far. Not long ago there was a thread on how to market moonshine and I said I bought that stuff just for the jug also.
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

i gave a search but it dint come up with anything. maybe i missspelled.

its a good jug
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

I didn't mean to come off as one of those that gets pissy if I see the same thread twice. Doesn't bother me in the least my friend.

And yes I bought the small pint jug and I really wish I had got the bigger version. They do not sell it in my home state and I was travelling when I bought it.

Edit: its spelled Platte valley.....I had to Google it. Lol
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

I've bought it before, it's a little over 20 bucks a fifth here. not bad, I also bought it for the bottle.
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

StillLearning1 wrote: Edit: its spelled Platte valley.....I had to Google it. Lol
hahaha thats why i could find it. i got the 700ml its was 27 euro
Reverend Newer
Swill Maker

Post by Reverend Newer »

I have sampled this and purchased it for the jug also, I see a pattern here. Just filled that jug up recently in fact.
spiritually taxed circa 1791
Appalachian spirits
Novice

Post by Appalachian spirits »

Its the best legal shine out there. In my humble opinion anyway. Its the only legal shine i buy ( i rarely buy what i can make better) BUT i do like this likker. Hell i can drink it AND enjoy it.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

See we are all different and taste is extremely subjective. I would say Platt Valley I about as bad as it gets, to my taste it is plain rough as roo nuts tails with some early heads for that punch in the face kick. I tipped most of the contents of the bottle in a members faints after I was unable to off load it onto anyone. I did cart the empty (washed) jug back to Oz though as it makes a great curiosity but I'm quietly confident there is little out there I could less enjoy. Just my personal experience and of those in my company.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Appalachian spirits
Novice

Post by Appalachian spirits »

I agree everyones taste is different but its the only store bought that even resembles real moonshine. Ive tried them all and they are horrible. Platte is a little heavy on tails but it tastes more like the corn whiskey i grew up on so thats why i say its the best.
Im not a fan of tails and i dont even bother running after 80 proof unless im catching them for the thumper however I can see why commercial distillers use more of them based on a business standpoint. From my experience with all of them is that they arent concerned with the hearts and they all are too heavy on the heads or tails. Or both.
But again i dont buy shine, i make my own. Its far better because proffit isnt my motivator. Never has been, never will be.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Appalachian spirits wrote: I can see why commercial distillers use more of them based on a business standpoint.
One of the main reasons commercial put it all in there is that the government audits them and if the feedstock does not match the output they have some explaining to do and some tax to pay that they didn't collect.

at least in Canada anyway.

X tonnes of grain = x litres of absolute alcohol and if it doesn't.... they automatically assume you are a criminal, evading taxes and treat you as such.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.