What is everyone drinking?

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

Antler24
Trainee

Re: What is everyone drinking?

Post by Antler24 »

jon1163 wrote:
Antler24 wrote:No hate Jon. I been wanting to try 3 of those but that kinda money is hard to part with. I've been drinking some eagle rare 10yr and Four Roses single barrel this week. You should try the four roses single barrel, it's about 35-40 a bottle, but it's better than alot of $80 bottles I've had a pour from. My new favourite commercial.
I love 4 roses but have never tried the single barrel. I'll look for it. Angels envy and larceny are good ones too.
If we get it in Canada it shouldn't be hard to find for you. I hate to go to Toronto to get it lol all we get here is Jim beam white, Maker's, bulliet, Woodford, and at Christmas they get Blanton's.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
Forest Beekeeper
Novice

Post by Forest Beekeeper »

Last Fall, I was playing with extracting peppermint oil from a bed of mint we have growing. I ended up with a peppermint oil 'hydrosol'. I am not sure yet of what to do with a hydrosol solution.

Then I started making a chocolate liqueur, wanting eventually to add peppermint oil, to make the liqueur into a peppermint patty.

It seems that ladies like chocolate liqueur, ....
cdd
Novice

Post by cdd »

I drink birdwatchers distillate nuclear aged at 92abv with cinnamon and oak sticks. Believe me or not it's not bad at all. I can enjoy this all day. :D
jon1163
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jon1163 »

A friend of mine brought gifts to the office today from Heritage Cask Club in Gig Harbor. I don't have an affiliation with the place and have never been there but this wasn't bad, for a liqueur or whatever it is. Basically a super sweet brown sugar bourbon with vanilla diluted with water lol. I poured a finger warmed it up in the microwave and that's about all I can handle. Now it's back to my Woodford Reserve. Hope you all are having a good night.
Attachments
20180228_173130-600x800.jpg
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Wine, I am in wine country for a week so as they say "when in Rome".
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

jon1163 wrote:A friend of mine brought gifts to the office today from Heritage Cask Club in Gig Harbor. I don't have an affiliation with the place and have never been there but this wasn't bad, for a liqueur or whatever it is. Basically a super sweet brown sugar bourbon with vanilla diluted with water lol. I poured a finger warmed it up in the microwave and that's about all I can handle. Now it's back to my Woodford Reserve. Hope you all are having a good night.
Curious if you've tried the four roses single barrel after? I used to be a Woodford drinker but my last couple bottles have had a strong metallic taste to it. I'm not sure if it's actually changed or if I'm becoming better at picking up different flavours but I'm turned from it.
Swedish Pride wrote:
get a brix reading on said ball bearings and then you can find out how much fermentables are in there
jon1163
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jon1163 »

Antler24 wrote:
jon1163 wrote:A friend of mine brought gifts to the office today from Heritage Cask Club in Gig Harbor. I don't have an affiliation with the place and have never been there but this wasn't bad, for a liqueur or whatever it is. Basically a super sweet brown sugar bourbon with vanilla diluted with water lol. I poured a finger warmed it up in the microwave and that's about all I can handle. Now it's back to my Woodford Reserve. Hope you all are having a good night.
Curious if you've tried the four roses single barrel after? I used to be a Woodford drinker but my last couple bottles have had a strong metallic taste to it. I'm not sure if it's actually changed or if I'm becoming better at picking up different flavours but I'm turned from it.
I have, and Four Roses is one of my favorites. I don't think I've tried the Single Barrel though. I recently went to the base though and found Woodford Reserve on sale for $19/bottle...AND if you bought a case or more you got an extra 10% off! Needless to say I have a few bottles.

I haven't had the metallic taste but now that you mention it I'll look for it.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Forest Beekeeper wrote:It seems that ladies like chocolate liqueur, ....
I guess they do :) Try shots of this with shots of 69plus11proof panty dropper and it will open whole new opportunities...

-j
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
6 Row Joe
Rumrunner

Post by 6 Row Joe »

Hey guys, I was thinking of starting a new thread but this looks like a good place to hang out and meet new members. I am a newbie here and a greenhorn in the hobby. I have made a couple sugar shine runs with good results. My question is do you feel the quality of the product is better than store bought regardless of taste? I used some oak chips before and made a few pints happy. (and so was I)
I just got finished with a run and poured a couple shots out of my 150 proof "hearts" jar, cut it 50/50 and mixed it with a little raspberry lemonade. Not the best tasting combination but i choked through it. Damn does it work! I don't get this effect with ''store bought". bottles. Long story short, this home made is powerful stuff. Anybody else sample the same results?
I don't drink alcohol, I drink distilled spirits.
Therefore I'm not a alcoholic, I'm spiritual.
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Having a sip of some sugar/gumball head from a honey bear ferment that"s been on oak spirals for about a year. Proofed down to 40 abv, while a little sweet for my taste it does go down way too smooth.

OVZ
Copperhead road
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Copperhead road »

Lemoncello as per saltbushbill recipe
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

Beer !!!
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

I finally made a good beer after 3 initial lousy brews.
Haven't drank in about 3 months until this beer's success.
Whaddja say? You wanna fight, tough guy? I'll smash my nose into your fist ..... zzzZZzz
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

dukethebeagle120 wrote:Beer !!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Go to Jail - move directly to Jail, Do not pass "Go" !
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

fizzix wrote:I finally made a good beer after 3 initial lousy brews.
Haven't drank in about 3 months until this beer's success.
Whaddja say? You wanna fight, tough guy? I'll smash my nose into your fist ..... zzzZZzz
Ur Goin down punk
Hehehe :thumbdown: :thumbup: la
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

Right now, EH Taylor Single Barrel. Was very fortunate to get a bottle in the only allocation lottery in Canada, but it's a bit of a let down. Don't get me wrong it's good bourbon, but not $100 good.
Swedish Pride wrote:
butterpants
Swill Maker

Post by butterpants »

Antler24 wrote:Right now, EH Taylor Single Barrel. Was very fortunate to get a bottle in the only allocation lottery in Canada, but it's a bit of a let down. Don't get me wrong it's good bourbon, but not $100 good.
That's crazy! What do you prefer?

I really think that EH Taylor single barrel is one of the finest Bourbons I've ever had.

Now the small batch is NOT on par at all, different beast.....and I get the Single BBL for 60$ USD, don't know the exchange rates off hand but I'm happy to pay it.

The only others I prefer are Bookers and Blantons and not by much.
6 Row Joe
Rumrunner

Post by 6 Row Joe »

I had a couple double Sugar Screwdrivers tonight.
I don't drink alcohol, I drink distilled spirits.
Therefore I'm not a alcoholic, I'm spiritual.
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

butterpants wrote:
Antler24 wrote:Right now, EH Taylor Single Barrel. Was very fortunate to get a bottle in the only allocation lottery in Canada, but it's a bit of a let down. Don't get me wrong it's good bourbon, but not $100 good.

I really think that EH Taylor single barrel is one of the finest Bourbons I've ever had.

Now the small batch is NOT on par at all, different beast.....and I get the Single BBL for 60$ USD, don't know the exchange rates off hand but I'm happy to pay it.

I think Four Roses single barrel is better than the EH Taylor, and it's $65 less in price. I've had Blanton's which is great, but I still prefer the Four Roses. I really like Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10yr Single Barrel, that's $100 as well and it's a toss up against the Four Roses.

I'd have Probably never tried the EH Taylor at $100 but I had an extra Elijah Craig Barrel Proof that I'm not really a fan of, and a friend offered to trade.
Swedish Pride wrote:
butterpants
Swill Maker

Post by butterpants »

Antler24 wrote:
butterpants wrote:

I think Four Roses single barrel is better than the EH Taylor, and it's $65 less in price. I've had Blanton's which is great, but I still prefer the Four Roses. I really like Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10yr Single Barrel, that's $100 as well and it's a toss up against the Four Roses.

I'd have Probably never tried the EH Taylor at $100 but I had an extra Elijah Craig Barrel Proof that I'm not really a fan of, and a friend offered to trade.
FR high end stuff is good! So you're not totally crazy...

The EC barrel proof is very woody. It's decent proofed down a little but not. amazing.
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

butterpants wrote:
Antler24 wrote:
butterpants wrote:

FR high end stuff is good! So you're not totally crazy...

The EC barrel proof is very woody. It's decent proofed down a little but not. amazing.
I add enough water to bring it down to about 45% but it's still very hot IMO. It's a decent drink.
Swedish Pride wrote:
Beerbrewer
Swill Maker

Post by Beerbrewer »

Home made pale ale with Magnum and Aurora hops, tastes pretty decent.
dieselduo
Rumrunner

Post by dieselduo »

Home made hoptical illusion
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

I apologize now for the posts I may make later.
Odin's Gin is my pilot, and it just turned on the Fasten Seat Belts light.
Beerbrewer
Swill Maker

Post by Beerbrewer »

Some Birdwatchers, undiluted and at room temperature.
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

fizzix wrote:I apologize now for the posts I may make later.
Odin's Gin is my pilot, and it just turned on the Fasten Seat Belts light.
Damnit fizzix you had my hopes up for a good liquor talking last night. I can't help but assume you've sobered up by this point. You dun let a good drunk go to waste lol

As for my drink for tonight, just poured a couple fingers of crown Royal bourbon mash, curiosity got the better of me when I saw it on the shelf. After that I may have a pour of EHT single barrel, then maybe a 4 Roses single barrel. Hell the race in on tv, I'm actually home to watch a night race for once. Perhaps I'll crack the bottle of Weller 12yr I've been sitting on. GO #9!!!
Swedish Pride wrote:
Copperhead road
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Copperhead road »

Rye whiskey generational sour mash, had a big chunk of alligator charred oak in it for 11 months.
It’s very smooth but probably a bit on the Smokey side for my liking. :angel:
Never mistake kindness for weakness....
Antler24
Trainee

Post by Antler24 »

butterpants wrote: I really think that EH Taylor single barrel is one of the finest Bourbons I've ever had.

That's interesting butterpants. I read alot of reviews when deciding on my next bottle and most of what I've read say the CEHT single barrels are hit or miss, some being good, others pretty bad. Alot of folks actually prefer the small batch over the single barrel because the risk of getting a bad barrel isn't worth the extra cost of the single barrel. I've found a liquor store in my travels that has the small batch for $40 ($51 cad) so I'll be picking up a bottle to try soon.

PS don't bother trying the Crown Royal Bourbon Mash. :sick: I tossed 700ml of my bottle into the sacrificial alcohol keg. terrible
Last edited by Antler24 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swedish Pride wrote:
butterpants
Swill Maker

Post by butterpants »

Antler24 wrote:
butterpants wrote: I really think that EH Taylor single barrel is one of the finest Bourbons I've ever had.

That's interesting butterpants. I read alot of reviews when deciding on my next bottle and most of what I've read say the CEHT single barrels are hit or miss, some being good, others pretty bad. Alot of folks actually prefer the small batch over the single barrel because the risk of getting a bad barrel isn't worth the extra cost of the single barrel. I've found a liquor store in my travels that has the small batch for $40 ($51 cad) so I'll be picking up a bottle to try soon.
I've only had 3 bottles so that very well could be the case! But they have been fantastic. The small batch was lackluster to me but it could be a more consistent product.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Ruuuuuuuuummmmmm.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."