Cancer chemo moonshine

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

chevyrestore
Novice

Cancer chemo moonshine

Post by chevyrestore »

Hey all...just so you know how I stumbled on this topic I'm 26 but diagnosed with adenocarcinoma (salivary gland cancer)...they cut out the roof of my mouth and now have an obturator (looks like a retainer but goes from the back of your teeth all the way to your throat) to keep food and water from coming out my nose...while I was researching ways to cope with the nausea and pain I stumbled across a few posts about chemo moonshine thats supposed to help cancer patients. One thing that was weird though was this recipe:

http://momofftrack.com/2013/08/chemo-moonshine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Apple Cider- 1 gallon, non-concentrated
1 cup Honey or Agave Nectar (I like to use Manuka honey for its healing properties)
5 Cinnamon Sticks
Whole Cloves, about 2 tablespoons
1-2 inches Fresh Ginger Root (peeled and chopped or sliced thinly)
1 tablespoon Ground Ginger
2-3 Star Anise

Basically it says to just mix it up in a certain way after cooking it but then just bottle it, it says nothing about distilling it or anything like that, how is this moonshine? Is there a shine recipe that actually is shine to help cancer patients and this person just totally screwed it up?
Dan P.
Distiller

Re: Cancer chemo moonshine

Post by Dan P. »

I don't know about who I would recommend it for, but home-distilled alcohol CAN be medicine. After a hard days labouring, a gill of No.1 product eases the muscles, bones and mind, and while not intoxicating, ensures a good nights sleep.
Unfortunately like a lot of efficacious medicine, it can be habit forming.
The recipe you give certainly does not appear to be true moonshine, no, but it sounds tasty and fortifying.
DAD300
Master of Distillation

Post by DAD300 »

Hmm...replace the apple cider with something harder and you're getting close to a Southern Comfort or Sweet Lucy type of drink.
CCVM http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... d#p7104768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Ethyl Carbamate Docs viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55219&p=7309262&hil ... e#p7309262
DSP-AR-20005
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

Looks like someones take on an Apple pie type recipe. Where generally you would mix that list of ingredients. And cook as stated. Then when its cooled down. You add some high test moonshine to it. It's more of a mixed flavored sweet drink. That uses moonshine in the recipe. So its really not a moonshiner persay. But yet it is. LOL. If you search for Apple pie moonshine. You will find more recipes then you would ever know what to do with. If you do that search here on HD. So you find a good one. You can use it to determined how much moonshiner to add to the recipe you have. Or you could just wing it. And add a little till its where you like it. Or you could use the dilution calculator on the parent site. To figure out how much to add. For a specific ABV wanted.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

That sounds like a pretty good start to an apple pie moonshine there in your original post. Like Mr. P. says, just add some good neutral flavored moonshine to it to give it the medicinal benefits of the alcohol.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
chevyrestore
Novice

Post by chevyrestore »

Thanks thats what I thought, seemed weird to me they would consider that moonshine without even saying to add any...kind of just an odd recipe I found and had to see what you all thought :)
five_slow
Novice

Cancer chemo moonshine

Post by five_slow »

Sorry for your misfortune man. If I lived by you I'd make the hell out of some stuff for you. Best wishes.
chevyrestore
Novice

Post by chevyrestore »

:) Thanks...its all good though...what doesnt kill you makes you stronger right? Havin fun with all the learning on this forum makes it easier to deal with :)
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

I would focus my efforts in macerating a neutral alcohol (80-125 proof) with whatever safe herbs or spices that I thought might help with my cancer symptoms. Strain, dilute, and drink it. If it works, mazel tov. If not, try something else.

There are MANY herbs and teas to look into. I can think of one rather unorthodox plant material in particular that is well known to help with the nausea and pain cancer survivors struggle with. However its unfortunate not every state allows it's doctors to treat patients with such methods. I hope you are in a state where your doctors can discuss this alternative route with you.

Personally I think self medicating with herbs and/or alcohol is every bit as respectable as big pharma opioid pain management. That stuff messes up people's lives...
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

bearriver wrote: Personally I think self medicating with herbs and/or alcohol is every bit as respectable as big pharma opioid pain management. That stuff messes up people's lives...
IMO Big Pharm is more criminal than any moonshinning by a long shot.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
rumrunnerbill
Novice

Re: Cancer chemo moonshine(no alcohol, just a cute name)

Post by rumrunnerbill »

Last year when I was going through a low dose trial of chemo meds for lupus, I found something that really helped with my nausea. Through time I adapted the recipe to where the moment any one in our family is sick to their stomach, THIS is what they crave. My very special Chemo Moonshine (there is no alcohol, its just a cute name for it). It’s good for just everyday upset tummies too!
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

And.... What is it?
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
m314
Novice

Post by m314 »

Cannabis tinctures help with nausea while actually fighting cancer itself. High dose cannabinoid therapy will be part of the future in mainstream cancer medicine.
Reverend Newer
Swill Maker

Post by Reverend Newer »

m314 wrote:Cannabis tinctures help with nausea while actually fighting cancer itself. High dose cannabinoid therapy will be part of the future in mainstream cancer medicine.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
spiritually taxed circa 1791
acfixer69
Global moderator

Post by acfixer69 »

May be true but. Just can't say it in here