Great stuff

What do you drink, and how do you drink it?

Moderator: Site Moderator

MtRainier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Great stuff

Post by MtRainier »

So I haven’t been into bourbon for long, but I have been really enjoying the lower end of bourbon which is uniformly really good stuff so far, at least to my taste. No need to spend lots of money for great stuff.

All that is to say that I’m still a novice appreciator, but I just got a 30 dollar bottle of Henry McKenna 10 year single barrel bottled in bond. It’s like bourbon perfume. It’s the best thing I’ve had by far at anything close to that price. I’m loving it.

Now what to try next!
Twisted Brick
Master of Distillation

Re: Great stuff

Post by Twisted Brick »

I hear ya, Mt Rainier! I moved from single malts over to bourbons a couple years ago and am also enjoying them. Since I started making bourbon, I am doing my due diligence, and sampling as many bourbons as I can. I had a bottle of Henry McKenna BIB, but alas, it is now gone. I agree, it is a pleasurable drop and my favorite for $30 and below.

The other bourbons I like that wont set you back are Evan Williams Single Barrel and Elijah Craig Small Batch.

Here's is a video that you might enjoy over a coupla fingers...
“Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake.”

- W.C. Fields

My EZ Solder Shotgun
My Steam Rig and Manometer
MtRainier
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Great stuff

Post by MtRainier »

Nice. I like Evan Williams bottled in bond and just finished a bottle of the single barrel. I haven’t tried Elijah Craig small batch yet, but will watch for it.

On the other end of cost, our local liquor authority has gotten their allotment of Buffalo Trace rares and Pappy and are doing the lottery in January. I’d like to try some William Larue Weller for around $100, and having these inexpensive great bottles in the house will keep me from emptying the expensive one too fast.