Legislative effort/progress or supporting Legislators

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

rwilli
Novice

Legislative effort/progress or supporting Legislators

Post by rwilli »

After reading and researching the subject, I found the document "The Distillation of Spirits for Personal and Private Use
Revison 1.0 07/11/13" Through my newby research here on the forum, I couldn't find any updates to this document or mention of any progress in the decriminalization of home distilling since the time of original publication.

Does anyone have any updates or perahaps a list of supportive/sponsoring legislators reagarding HD, current legislative efforts etc or could someone point toward a current discussion.

Guidance/info is appreciated.

Regards
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Legislative effort/progress or supporting Legislators

Post by Deplorable »

I doubt that even with a well worded bill backed up with supporting evidence of the safety of home distilling today, the bill would gain any traction. The liquor lobby spends hundreds of millions lining the pockets of legislators, who couldn't be bothered to do anything for their constituents.
Like Marijuana, legalization at a federal level, you're fighting a lobbying leviathan.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
rwilli
Novice

Post by rwilli »

Well Said and as I suspected. But still (no pun intended) the fight should continue. Even if we just remind them (our Legislators) every now and then. And since I am now retired, I don't mind taking up some of the workload and shotgunning a few letters out to the federal lawmakers.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Good way to end up on the list and get a surprise visit by the feds! Wish it were different but don't sell don't tell...
Keep it small and hobby / crafty... Just take a look at facebook for a minute and you'll realize that the most common denominator isn't ready for prime-time by any stretch of the imagination...
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

jonnys_spirit wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:48 am Good way to end up on the list and get a surprise visit by the feds! Wish it were different but don't sell don't tell...
Keep it small and hobby / crafty... Just take a look at facebook for a minute and you'll realize that the most common denominator isn't ready for prime-time by any stretch of the imagination...
Ii ditched FB a while ago. This is my community of like minded folks.
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
SmokyMtn
Rumrunner

Post by SmokyMtn »

The existence of this section and the fact we cannot discuss politics I find contradictory. I consider this section for the most part, a "no fly zone".

Stay tight lipped, and enjoy the Freedoms you do have.
My 9" Shotgun Condenser

This hobby really is not so much about making alcohol. But bottling opportunities to make memories with Friends and Family.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

SmokyMtn wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:09 am The existence of this section and the fact we cannot discuss politics I find contradictory. I consider this section for the most part, a "no fly zone".

Stay tight lipped, and enjoy the Freedoms you do have.
it should go without saying. supporting legislation specifically for the legalization of hobby distilling for personal use is a common goal of the members of the forum. literally every other topic (of legislation) is of no interest or use to users of the forum.
i read the topic as "news or suggestions supporting legalization of home distilling legislation", post letters to representatives that could be copied and used by others, petitions, and news of what others are doing to promote our common goal.

start arguing about why this one brand of politics is better at something than "the other" brand, even on this topic, is what will get it shut down. imposing "your, my or their" opinion will get that opinion removed.

common sense should prevail. like you say, don't yell, don't sell and enjoy what you do have.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
CikCikCikPogodi
Novice

Post by CikCikCikPogodi »

The problem is you people are living in countries where home distilling is not tradition. Here Balkans it is. Yes EU "criminalized" it but no body cares, not even police.