IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR UK MEMBERS!

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Dan P.
Distiller

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR UK MEMBERS!

Post by Dan P. »

Hi All, I've not posted here much yet, but felt the need to share this with you;
The legal section pertaining to UK law in the parent site refers only to customs legislation. As far as I can tell it is correct and up to date, but it refers really only to possession of untaxed items.
It has come to my attention, however, that there is separate legislation that UK members need to be aware of, namely section 25 of the Alcoholic Liquor Duties Act 1979; http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/4/enacted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
You will notice that consequences include detention, a penalty of up to £5,000 (it says £1,000 but the ammended version states scale 5, which is a penalty up to £5,000), and the summary destruction of all your equipment and materials. If you live in Northern Ireland, they can wander into your house and do this, it would appear. Charming.
Anyway, if anyone is in a position to do so, it might be a good idea for the UK legal section to include this information, because as it is now it sounds all quite fluffy and non-threatening, whereas in reality there is a great capacity for unpleasantness.
-Dan