Hobby Distillers Busted in VA

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Blue Ridge
Novice

Hobby Distillers Busted in VA

Post by Blue Ridge »

These guys got busted for a Mr. Distiller and a Mile Hi Distiller Tower! It seems that the ABC has nothing better to do than harris hobby distillers. It appears that they were making it for there own consumption and not selling it. They tried to sell the Mr. Distiller on Craigslist and a ABC agent shows up and bust em.
http://www.wtvr.com/wtvr-craigslist-lea ... 2853.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
andrewgwu
Novice

Re: Hobby Distillers Busted in VA

Post by andrewgwu »

...Ma got the groceries on commodities will
but pop'd trade them off and get sugar for the still
so he could drink that mash
and talk that trash...
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

dont wish any one bad luck,but sort of hoping it was the bunch from stilldrinking.
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

Dnder that the funniest shit you've posted all year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

rubber duck wrote:Dnder that the funniest shit you've posted all year
And ,,paradoxically the meanest thing youve said ,,,perhaps all year. :lol: :lol:

How U doing Sir?
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
rubber duck
retired

Post by rubber duck »

Hey it's only February, Dnder's just getting warmed up.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

its sort of like when your standing before the judge, you mite say "yes sir" "no sir" but what you really thinking?

Ya and your momma told you to always to tell the truth..
loneswinger
Swill Maker

Post by loneswinger »

Pretty pathetic bust given the extent of the investigation. If the VA government sells that ounce of weed, the gun, the booze, the stills, and garnishes the wages of the arresting officers, well they probably still wouldn't break even. What a waste.

-Loneswinger
It's better to learn from other people's mistakes than your own.
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

Waste is what they do best.
I do all my own stunts
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

yup they aint much worryed bout hobby outfits. ha ha

so im tole
Wanker
Novice

Post by Wanker »

What a scary country. Land of the Free; what a sad joke. Americans are proud to be Americans and us Canadians are just grateful to be Canadian and not American.
"Alcohol: The source of and solution to all of life’s problems." -Homer Simpson
highpower
Novice

Post by highpower »

Is it possable that the American civilians will ever truly have controll over the public sector again? I doubt it. The government and a high percentage of the people have it in their minds that the geral poulation needs to be herded every step of the way.
The country with the most laws and the most jails also has the highest percentage of prisoners. Yes, that is USA. If it is the free place every one wants to belive it is, how can the above be true? Our idea of freedom that we hold so dear is almost a thig of the past.

The only way I see any change for the better is education of the masses in what really happens on the state and federal level.
1. All laws need to be revised so they can be understood in laymans terms. If a law needs to be "interpided" by a judge, it should be presented to the population for a vote as to weathor or not it continues to be a law. Most would be thrown out the window. Sorry lawyers, we would not need many of you any more.
All of the remaining laws need to be "easily accesable" on the internet.
2. Every public office shoud have its own chanel on the internet. I think that live audio/vidio at any time would prevent almost all bad pollitics. Every one of these offices already has the internet conection and camoras and mics are cheap. If you don'y want to be in the spotlight, don't be a public servant.
3. It should be a law that each and every gov. financial transaction, both state and fedral become public information. Acountants should be required to post duplicats of their acounting on line.

If everyone got to see their taxes paying for the first class tickets and fivestar resorts I think things might change. I bet the public sector would become more eficiant and cost less too.
No matter how much you wash it, it's still an A-hole.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

highpower wrote:All of the remaining laws need to be "easily accesable" on the internet.
2. Every public office shoud have its own chanel on the internet. I think that live audio/vidio at any time would prevent almost all bad pollitics. Every one of these offices already has the internet conection and camoras and mics are cheap. If you don'y want to be in the spotlight, don't be a public servant.
We do have a public channel, the problem is politicians say one thing and do another. We need a law that does not allow for this or we throw the jerks out!
highpower
Novice

Post by highpower »

True Bushman, we do have a public chanel. What I'm talking about is a live vidio feed of every gov office on it's own chanel 24/7. If I want to watch to see how many tims miss btch at the dmv in spokan washington goes to the can in a day, it would be accesable. Also could be used ot watch the judge in his chambers. Each and every public office. 24/7
Also, we all know that most politicians cant seem to do half the stuff they promise. It's not like some secret club they join after they get in their position. It's the way our sytem is allowd to be run. Every one takes it for granted that these guys can do every thing for us. They can't and they should'nt. But the old laws need to go aout he window so that all of the leaches can't use laws where they were not intended. Thats how we all get bent over the beral. Laws are allowd to be interprited. What the foK? Either I broke the law or I did not. Why is it allowed for some group of payed law thugs to figgure out how to take me down for not true lawlessness.Get rid of that crap and we have a chance.
If people can all understand the law the way it is not the way it may be able to be interprited, we have a chance.
If people could watch our public workers in all government offices they would not be so quick to make secret deals.
If every one got to see how their taxes were acualy spent (not just a quick overview one a year) every one would speek up more about where it should go. Two examples would be the handouts to other countries when we cant even pay for our own people and being able to watch private peoples money (taxes) turning into horrably high pensions for public workers.

Sory I know its of topic. But I think the laws holding everyday people back from doing things (we should all have the right to do) would be abolished if all of the laws were to undergo a public vote as to keep them or not. Most of the laws are not for the people but are for the government and the corperations. Is there even a differance any more?
No matter how much you wash it, it's still an A-hole.
theholymackerel
retired

Post by theholymackerel »

OK... we got SE asia and Canada chimin' in to talk negative politics about the US.

Yall need to review the rules of this board. The next post about politics will get the poster a short vacation from the boards.

Just a word to the wise...
loneswinger
Swill Maker

Post by loneswinger »

theholymackerel wrote:OK... we got SE asia and Canada chimin' in to talk negative politics about the US.

Yall need to review the rules of this board. The next post about politics will get the poster a short vacation from the boards.

Just a word to the wise...
In fairness, it is difficult (if not impossible) to discuss 'law' without also discussing 'politics' as they are so intertwined. That being said, I don't want to see a political argument either.

-Loneswinger
It's better to learn from other people's mistakes than your own.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

We already have enough civil unrest in the world today so there is no need in dragging it into these forums where some of us come to escape it... The rule of law and rule of governance are two vastly different concepts in most civilized countries... You don't even want to get me started because you just might not like my terse viewpoints, so leave politics at the door... Politics is not even a suitable subject for off topic discussion...