John stossel

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

rgarry
Site Donor
Site Donor

John stossel

Post by rgarry »

I have been giving considerable thought about how we should pursue legalization. I have looked at the home brewing movement. I think we should all email John stossel on Fox. He is a Libiterian ans such would be in favor of a movement like this. This forum is the platform on how to do it responsibly. Here is the email I sent him and I encourage you to do he same. Let's see if we can get him interested.

Mr Stossel,
I would like to point you in a direction that is right up your alley.  In the late 70's Jimmy Carter legalized the brewing of beer and wine for the american citizens. Our founding fathers distilled and made their own alcohol.  It was legal in this country until, prohibition and obviously prevelant during prohibition.  Shows like moonshiners on cable tv are entertaining but don't actually reflect this hobby.  I encourage you to look at http://www.homedistiller.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow.  The hobby is about the distillation of quality beverages in a safe way.  The hobby is not about making profit like dramatizations on tv.  Legendary figures like Popcorn Sutton do not represent what we are about.  I think there is a great story here and appeals to your Libiterian side.  If it was good for our founding fathers why shouldn't it be good for us peasants.

Ron

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: John stossel

Post by HolyBear »

Stossel is a true libertarian!!! Its so refreshing to see him and Judge Napalitano on Fox. Wish the judge would've run for president, oh well, ill take what I can get....good idea on the letter...the paranoid side of me doesn't want the attention but I know for our hobby to become legal, attention will have to be called to the injustice...Good thinkin! !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
MuleKicker
retired

Post by MuleKicker »

It was legal in this country until, prohibition and obviously prevelant during prohibition.
I believe distilling without a license was illegal long before prohibition.

I would like to see a well thought out story on our cause, and although our site is a great example of responsible hobby distillers, I question the idea of making direct mention of it on tv. might be a little more publicity than we are looking for, and from the wrong type. Im sure others will weigh in with opinions.
-Control Freak-
AKA MulekickerHDbrownNose
just-a-sip
Rumrunner

Post by just-a-sip »

ok need to delete my account now thanks, lol. im paranoid as hell
Just-A-Sip
rgarry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rgarry »

Nobody is more paranoid them me but this is f'n crazy that this is illegal. When I am done distilling, I keep my parts in 3 different house so no house has full still. I'm also a professional but I have had enough. The home brewers were where we were in the 70's. I am sure that some would like to just be left alone and others make it legal.
HungoverHog
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HungoverHog »

just-a-sip wrote:ok need to delete my account now thanks, lol. im paranoid as hell
I am getting there. If the site is broadcast on television I will be making that request.
rgarry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rgarry »

Alright, I will leave it alone. I'm happy distilling in my garage in total secrecy. We should stop our b'chin about legalization. I guess known of us would have been on the side of the patriots since would have been to worried about the red coats.
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Life, fortune and sacred honer for true liberty....YES....for a hobby...I'm afraid not...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
rgarry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rgarry »

wacabi1 wrote:Life, fortune and sacred honer for true liberty....YES....for a hobby...I'm afraid not...
Well said
Country Pete
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Country Pete »

Don't you think someone in the government is already looking at this forum if not a registered member?
Bless the hands of the distiller for he makes the world a better place.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Country Pete wrote:Don't you think someone in the government is already looking at this forum if not a registered member?
Yup...!!! :think:
rgarry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rgarry »

Well, if they have been reading a lot, they might be good distillers by now. I doubt they are site donors yet since we don't have any parties in Vegas
Bayou-Ruler
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bayou-Ruler »

lol don't get skeerd now!........... :wtf:
Bayou Ethanol
Ethanol Fuel Producer

AFP-LA-15027
http://www.BayouEthanol.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
paramedic68whiskey
Novice

Post by paramedic68whiskey »

I have had the pleasure of meeting him. He is a tru patriot and need more people to preach freedom. Thats is why so many Americans have given their lives.