Legalizing Hobby Distilling in the US

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

tcowdrey
Novice

Legalizing Hobby Distilling in the US

Post by tcowdrey »

There have been all sorts of ideas on how to legalize alcohol distillation at the home owner/ hobbyist level from petitions to writing our congressional representatives. I posted a proposal under the name Alli on this forum last fall asking folks to copy it and send it to their congressmen/women in the US. The results were nill to none. There really is no good reason not to give the hobbyist distiller the same rights as the home brewer or wine maker who are allowed to make up to 200 gallons of wine or beer annually with no permit or paying any tax. If we can brew the mash, why can't we distill it - no alcohol is produced in the distillation process, we all know that. Our proposal asks that we be allowed to remove the alcohol in the legally produced beer (up to 200 gallons for a 2+ person household) in a concentrated form with a still. Owning an unregistered still is illegal in the US but many manufacturers are selling them as fast as they can build them. Even Amazon.com offers 14 types of stills on their website. I am sick and tired of looking up every time a car or truck drives by my house wondering if the TTB has come to check out my still. Actually I have a fuel permit, so I don't care if they come knocking, but you get the point. How about You?

Part of the problem with legalization efforts is these small inconsequential proposals get stomped on by the elephants in the rooms of Congress like health care, budgets, immigration, etc. To raise the playing field a new group called the Hobby Distiller's Association has been formed. We contacted and are in the process of contracting with a lobbyist group in Washington DC. One of the staff in this group is a former head of legislative affairs in the Drug Czar's office and the Department of Justice's office. Thus far $40,000 has been pledged to pay for the lobbyist's effort. Hobby Distiller's Association is being run as a nonprofit and will eventually become a 501 (C) (3) charity association. HDA needs your support. It only cost $30.00 to join. ALL of the membership fees will go to our lobbying efforts until it is legalized - there are no organizational fees or management fees. The lobbyist tell us this will take about a year to complete. To learn more, go to http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow. This is the first time anyone has ever put any money in this much needed legislation. Our goal is to get the federal laws changed first and then start tackling the states. This is an organization designed for the hobby distilling public and everyone in the industry will benefit from it. Thanks for reading -

Tom Cowdrey 8)
tomcowdrey@yahoo.com
S-Cackalacky
retired

Re: Legalizing Hobby Distilling in the US

Post by S-Cackalacky »

Welcome back to the forum. I think I remember you from your previous membership. I hope your efforts are more productive this time around.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

The problem is. Many don't want to get involved. Because they are afraid of what may happen to them by exposing themselves. So is this group taking measures to protect those that want to help? And what guarantees do they have they will be protected?

Other question. Are you going to stick around here. And become a active member. Giving something to the community. Or is this the only post you are going to worry about. Till next year and sign up under yet another name. To try and push it more? And why is it that you or others from this group aren't participating here in HD. Seings how this is the largest home distilling forum on the net? I would think you would want the support of the largest forum on the net. And not taking an active part in discussions around here. Isn't the way to get support. Not in my book anyway. Where did this group form from?
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
MadMasher
Swill Maker

Post by MadMasher »

+1 PP
Looks like the website is being run by the people at Brewhaus.
They may need an HD Forum lobbyist too.
People talk about my drinking but never about my thirst.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

The often overlooked issue in legalizing home distilling is who is behind negative efforts .
That asshole 'Moonshiners' show depicts big time outlaw distillers moving hundreds of gallons of illicit product . Who is buying that and how are they moving it ? Who is being paid off to turn a blind eye to the 'big boys'
and focus on us ?
Same as drug busts . What's the ratio of big busts vs small time busts and who is getting paid off ?
Who pays politicians enough to ensure that many states still have 'dry counties' in this day and age .
Follow the money trail and at the end you will see why we are demonized and a blind eye is focused on the big boys .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
tcowdrey
Novice

Post by tcowdrey »

Prairiepiss wrote:The problem is. Many don't want to get involved. Because they are afraid of what may happen to them by exposing themselves. So is this group taking measures to protect those that want to help? And what guarantees do they have they will be protected?

Other question. Are you going to stick around here. And become a active member. Giving something to the community. Or is this the only post you are going to worry about. Till next year and sign up under yet another name. To try and push it more? And why is it that you or others from this group aren't participating here in HD. Seings how this is the largest home distilling forum on the net? I would think you would want the support of the largest forum on the net. And not taking an active part in discussions around here. Isn't the way to get support. Not in my book anyway. Where did this group form from?
Mr. Piss, You are quite right when you say that many don't want to get involved. They prefer to hide in their sheds and garages and let the other people do all the work. As you so graphically pointed out, I came to this forum last year under a false name of Alli - I was hiding in the shedhouse, afraid of the POPOs,, afraid the 5 guys in the Suburban would pop out in my driveway and confiscate my still or maybe worse. According to federal law, possessing an unregistered still is a felony punishable by no more than $10,000 and 5 years in the poky or both. My post got zero responses - no one would talk to me, I was the leper in the colony. So I gave up and went elsewhere. I was not aware that in order to be a listened to as an active talker on this forum, one had to talk distilling for weeks on end weather I knew what I was talking about or not. I am not a big talker about stuff I am not familiar with, nor do I answer questions when I don't know the answer. I like to listen and learn and keep my moth shut. I have not come back with "yet another name", I have come back with my real name. It feels good not to be afraid all the time.

The HDA is currently being run as a nonprofit subsidiary of Brewhaus Inc. America for expedience to get the process moving as soon as possible. If you saw the TTB news release last week, they made 8 arrests and confiscated 46 unregistered stills. They have the lists of those who have bought stills in the past 3 years - it is not hard to find the people on those lists. I spoke with Tom Hogue at the TTB who wrote the news release and we would not comment on anything that was not in the story. I suspect that these raids will only get worse so we can fight for legalization, register our stills or wait for them to come knocking. We have chosen to fight.

When you register to join HDA, your name and email address will be captured. They will not be available to the general public or the TTB. The names will be available to our lobbyists so that they can show the lists to congressmen/women - they want to be able say "see all there names and email addresses from all over the country that are behind this proposal?"

Am I going to hang around? I don't know. Depends on the response we get for our cause. There are no guarantees in this world. The association is being run temporarily as a subsidiary or Brewhaus Inc. America. Rick is currently fronting most of the money as a means to expedite the process. Since you say your is the biggest and best alcohol forum in the country, we hope to convince some of your members to join our cause and make this thing happen. Once it is legalized, everyone including the folks who don't want to get involved will benefit from our efforts.

If anyone wants to talk to me privately about this effort, send me an email at tomcowdrey@yahoo.com. I'll even call you on the phone if you wish. Tom 8)
tcowdrey
Novice

Post by tcowdrey »

S-Cackalacky wrote:Welcome back to the forum. I think I remember you from your previous membership. I hope your efforts are more productive this time around.
SC. It has been a long road and it has not been straight and narrow but we are still traveling it, We would love to have you and your friends join our fight to git'er done. email me at tomcowdrey@yahoo.com with questions. Thanks
:lol:
jholmz
Distiller

Post by jholmz »

as this is an illegal hobby you probably wont find many willing to risk putting their name on any list especially as we have no idea who you are or that you are who you claim to be. i personally dont see how brewhaus would be willing to risk their buisiness keeping names on a list from the government if they asked for them with a warrant. we get petitions around here from time to time and they are met with the same dialogue i just gave you. i personally am not willing to risk my future by giving my name and address to anyone to be put on a list i put myself at risk enough just by being part of the hobby itself especially after the feds have been flexing their muscle lately.
Tap
Swill Maker

Post by Tap »

You think that posting on this forum isn't the same as putting ur name on a list? They want you they got you. Ur ip adress is all they need.
Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

Tom are you not worried about them showing up at your door? We had a member here. That before that TTB bust letter made its way here. Had agents show up at his place of business. Asking about the still he purchased from another vendor. That had to give up his list. Now that you are putting your name out there. And are pushing big buttons. Does that not concern you?

HD is the largest home distilling forum on earth. Look at the memberships numbers. And the daily traffic on it. You won't find one bigger. And more active. But I belong to five different distilling forums. That aren't small by any means. And I don't see you recruiting on those forums either? It's like anything else. If you just stick your head in and say hey we could use your help. Not really introducing yourself. Or trying to be social with the people. They aren't going to pay much attention to you.

By the way. You haven't stepped over to the welcome center and given US a proper intro.

And truthfully I would consider this advertising of sorts. And the forum rules say.
This advertising shall be limited to only those members who are active within the general forums and is a member of good standing as shall be determined by the forum management. Essentially, any advertiser must participate in day to day forum discussions on a regular basis, offering more help than they are requesting. This will help the general membership in determining whether advertisers have a working knowledge of home distillation to the extent of knowing how products work and what importance each facet of the product contributes to its design and use. It will also insure that the advertiser is more interested in the hobby of home distillation than merely profiting from the membership.
Don't get me wrong. I think its a damn fine thing you are trying to do. But the execution within the group you are trying to help. Is lacking. If I was in a position that I thought I could help. Without worries of repercussions. I would do it. But the fact that you just said the lobiest would use the list of names to show a government agency who is sporting it. Just turned me off.
It'snotsocoldnow.

CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
tcowdrey
Novice

Post by tcowdrey »

MadMasher wrote:+1 PP

Does the HD forum have a lobbyist? I would love to talk with him/her. Thanks
Tom 8)
tcowdrey
Novice

Post by tcowdrey »

Prairiepiss wrote:Tom are you not worried about them showing up at your door? We had a member here. That before that TTB bust letter made its way here. Had agents show up at his place of business. Asking about the still he purchased from another vendor. That had to give up his list. Now that you are putting your name out there. And are pushing big buttons. Does that not concern you?

HD is the largest home distilling forum on earth. Look at the memberships numbers. And the daily traffic on it. You won't find one bigger. And more active. But I belong to five different distilling forums. That aren't small by any means. And I don't see you recruiting on those forums either? It's like anything else. If you just stick your head in and say hey we could use your help. Not really introducing yourself. Or trying to be social with the people. They aren't going to pay much attention to you.

By the way. You haven't stepped over to the welcome center and given US a proper intro.

And truthfully I would consider this advertising of sorts. And the forum rules say.
This advertising shall be limited to only those members who are active within the general forums and is a member of good standing as shall be determined by the forum management. Essentially, any advertiser must participate in day to day forum discussions on a regular basis, offering more help than they are requesting. This will help the general membership in determining whether advertisers have a working knowledge of home distillation to the extent of knowing how products work and what importance each facet of the product contributes to its design and use. It will also insure that the advertiser is more interested in the hobby of home distillation than merely profiting from the membership.
Don't get me wrong. I think its a damn fine thing you are trying to do. But the execution within the group you are trying to help. Is lacking. If I was in a position that I thought I could help. Without worries of repercussions. I would do it. But the fact that you just said the lobiest would use the list of names to show a government agency who is sporting it. Just turned me off.
Prairiepiss,
You misunderstood me. The list of members will not be given to any governmental agencies. It will be given to the lobbyists who work for us and they in turn (may) show it to congressional representatives. Congress works for us, the people who elected them, and they are not in the habit of turning their constituents in to the popo. There are risks in anything and there are no promises of anonymity here. It boils down to how badly people want their actions legalized. How about this? Do you have a friend, cousin, neighbor who does not distill but who believes it should be legalized? Would they be willing to join HDA to support our efforts? One does not have to be a distiller to understand how archaic these 1939 laws are.

You ask why Brewhaus would risk his business pushing this action. If the feds want a copy of our members I am sure they can get it. It is certainly not against the law to join an action committee for legislative change - that is what Washington does for a living. I assure you that Rick does not consider himself at risk of losing his business because it is perfectly legal to sell a still. Even Amazon.com has 14 models for sale. Pretty soon you will be able to get one at Lowes or Home Depot (that is a joke, but maybe not that much of one).

It is just an idea but suppose everyone who bought a still on line in the past three or four years applied for a fuel permit. Lets say 10,000 applications in 2 months. You can do it online and it costs nothing. These stills are already in the TTB's data bank so what is the harm in asking for a permit - that gets the still registered so they would have less reason to confiscate it. Crazy? Maybe, maybe not.
Tom 8)
John Barleycorn
Bootlegger

Post by John Barleycorn »

Gentlemen,

Please be careful not to shoot the messenger. Rather, stay focused on how you might help the effort. I've followed Tom's efforts since this past May. He has dedicated a significant amount of his personal time as a volunteer and he has in some sense placed himself in harms way. So I applaud his efforts and his guts.

There is a big fear, uncertainty and doubt factor in this effort. If the FUD is preventing you from openly participating personally, I fully understand. But look for constructive ways to promote the effort. Read what HDA has to say & understand the key talking points. Encourage home brewing/winemaking folks to least consider joining as "Non-Hobbyist Supporters" and increase awareness. If you are inclinded to donate, but don't want to provide your contact information, give a trusted friend the 30 bucks and have him join as the member.

Tom, currently there's no way for someone to say, purchase a visa gift card and donate anonymously ... just something to think about. Also, there should be an easy to find "talking points" or FAQ doc to help us respond to common issues, concerns and misconceptions.

In any case, this is the first legalization effort that I am aware of, that goes beyond a simple web petition or a letter or two to representatives. It can benefit all of us. So please try to find constructive ways to support it. Even if you choose to stay in the shadows, you can still make a difference.

--JB
MadMasher
Swill Maker

Post by MadMasher »

tcowdrey wrote:
MadMasher wrote:+1 PP

Does the HD forum have a lobbyist? I would love to talk with him/her. Thanks
Tom 8)
I meant you might need a lobbyist to convince HD forum users to join your effort.
People talk about my drinking but never about my thirst.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

I trust legislators (a polite word for "politicians") even less than I trust law enforcement these days. :problem:

Just sayin'.

tp
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

I'm 100% behind this movement. I was the #3 person to join the hobby distiller's association. You guys act like Rick is doing this as a publicity stunt to promote his business, but if you read the website you'll see that Rick has pledged the full $40,000 that the lobbyist needs if the funds aren't raised by membership fees. That's a loss of money, not a gain. Also, these guys are the only ones who have stepped up to the plate. Nobody else has even tried. I applaud their efforts. I want to be part of the movement to get this hobby legal.

It just seems like a lot of other ideas that are presented on this forum. Someone has a great idea and a bunch of highly-respected elders shit all over it and the heard follows them. Tom has gone so far as to use his real name to prove his dedication to this cause. I understand your contempt with people who come here just to advertise their product or such, but these guys are advertising the ultimate goal for all of us. They're not trying to legalize distilling just for brewhaus customers.

And to answer the "are you not afraid of them knocking on your door" Question, no. No, I'm not. I joined the HDA with my real information. I mailed my 2 senators, my congressman, and my governor John Barleycorn's whitepaper with my name and address listed on it. I'll be contacting them from my telephone asking for their responses to my queries.

If you guys don't want to risk it, that's fine. I understand. Maybe you could get someone you know who has nothing to risk to join. Maybe you can ridicule the people who try to get it passed and do nothing yourself... either way this hard work will benefit you. Just please refrain from shitting on the guys who are trying. These guys have invested lots of hard work, time, and money in this cause and I have a shitload of respect for them.

Thank you Tom for all of your hard work. I apologize for the poor reception here.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
Dan P.
Distiller

Post by Dan P. »

Why are people busting this guys balls?
Get involved, or don't.
There are good reasons for either course of action/inaction.
bellybuster
Master of Distillation

Post by bellybuster »

legalizing is a huge undertaking, I certainly applaud your efforts but wonder if decriminalizing may be a better stepping stone towards the end result of legalizing. It would still be illegal but a fine vs a criminal record unless obviously involved in sales.
Dan P.
Distiller

Post by Dan P. »

RandyMarshCT wrote: If you guys don't want to risk it, that's fine. I understand. Maybe you could get someone you know who has nothing to risk to join.
Good idea.
John Barleycorn
Bootlegger

Post by John Barleycorn »

Decriminalization would indeed be a great start ... but it's just that ... a great start. It could well be our first stepping stone, but let's keep our eyes on the prize. :thumbup:
bellybuster
Master of Distillation

Post by bellybuster »

John Barleycorn wrote:Decriminalization would indeed be a great start ... but it's just that ... a great start. It could well be our first stepping stone, but let's keep our eyes on the prize. :thumbup:
While I agree that the prize is full legalization I just look at other groups that have undertaken similar ventures. To my knowledge nowhere have they completely legalized pot but several states and at least one province have been successful in decriminalizing it. Stepping stones are the means to an end and usually the easiest and best route. Both sides get a partial win
I think you may get more support as well if folks were made aware of exactly who the lobbyist is and what his/her past successes were. Hobby distillers tend to be research junkies and like to have all the info prior to jumping in.
Just to be open, I'm not even from the States but see our gov't quite often follow suit. Hence my interest.
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

First I never said anything about Brewhaus using this as a way to get publicity. Not once. I mearly said that this was in ny opinion an advertisement. It's an advertisement for the HDA. And should be handled like any other advertisement situation. If the HDA isn't willing to take the time to come here. And maybe update the members of what is going on. In their efforts. And only come around once a year.

I didn't say the whole thing was a bad idea. I did say many wouldn't want to do it. For reasons of staying out of the light.

I also said I thought it was a damn fine thing he was doing. And if I thought I could contribute. I would.

But all you negative nillies just read what I say as negative things. When all I'm doing is voicing my opinion. Which last I checked I could still do. And hoping that my concerns can help the man and it cause. To realize what they could do to further the efforts.

I asked if there was any guarantee that someone's information would be given out. The answer was no. I thought maybe instead of just no. A better option for those that don't want their names on a list to help. And maybe guidance to how they could do that.

All I really said was. If you want support. You need to go knock on doors and kiss some babies. Is that not the best way to get support?

I am less likely to give to someone I have never met before. And more likely to give to someone that I have met and or talked with a few times.

You all need to get off your high horse. And realize that not everyone communicates the same way you do. Or the way you want. We are all different individuals. From all walks of life. I speak my mind. I don't sugar coat things. Because I would rather have a straight answer. Hold the sugarcoating. Put the sugar in the fermenter. Give me a sip.

To the op. Thank you for taking the time to come here and inform HD of the HDA. I hope you spend a little time here. And contribute to the greater good of HD. And any other forums for that mater. Please use what I have said. To better the cause.

And madmasher's suggestion of having a representative from the other forums. Including this one. Is a very good one. That shouldn't be over looked. So the whole hobby group can be well represented. And better informed.
It'snotsocoldnow.

CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

The way I see it, once you offer up your name, address, and email address, it's totally out of your control where it ends up... I don't trust lobbyists at all... Politicians, perhaps not much if any more... And I'm sure I'm not the only member holding such feelings... As they say, once the genie is out of the bottle you can't get it back in... I, personally, don't have much of anything left to lose but what I still have I'm holding onto... So asking folks to give out personal information, in an effort to decriminalize what they are currently doing illegally, can be a tough pill to swallow... While many may want to, I'm sure very few will because they have a lot to potentially lose...
DuckofDeath
Rumrunner

Post by DuckofDeath »

How about you guys have some nice slicks made up that we can have printed off and distribute to the local Home Brew shops and see if they would post them? I would be willing to pay for the printing on my dime and not have my name on a "list".
Dan P.
Distiller

Post by Dan P. »

Dan P. wrote:
RandyMarshCT wrote: If you guys don't want to risk it, that's fine. I understand. Maybe you could get someone you know who has nothing to risk to join.
Good idea.
Just wanted to re-iterate this.
If you have any friends who don't distil, ask them to do it.
Get people on board, this is an issue of civil liberties!
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Yall with somethin to lose id be staying away from
Putin your name on anything. Of course these outfit
makers are pushing the charge cause sooner than later
they gonna be coming after them for product liability.
You underground you stay underground.
Felony don't look good on a job application

So I'm tole
Jasper
Novice

Post by Jasper »

OP - if you haven't already you should advertise your cause on homebrew forums. They have a much bigger member base and, chances are, a lot of interested parties who aren't currently doing anything illegal.
Soggy Bottom Boy
Rumrunner
Location: Somewhere to the north of the.. ..Peoples Яepublik of Kalifoяnia

Post by Soggy Bottom Boy »

tcowdrey wrote: It is just an idea but suppose everyone who bought a still on line in the past three or four years applied for a fuel permit. Lets say 10,000 applications in 2 months. You can do it online and it costs nothing. These stills are already in the TTB's data bank so what is the harm in asking for a permit - that gets the still registered so they would have less reason to confiscate it. Crazy? Maybe, maybe not.
Tom 8)
Yes, ...crazy.

To apply for, and then be issued a fuel permit(if you even qualify, forget about it if you do not have separate buildings from your house to distill and store in, or live where local regulations prohibits it) has a couple very big down-sides:
  • You give the Feds the right to go anywhere on your property at any time, unannounced. .....and forfeit the need for them to have a warrant to do so, 24/7/365.
  • You basically certify, agree, and sign your name to the fact that you will be producing alcohol for fuel. Get caught making drinking liquor, and you will be held to a higher degree of culpability in the eyes of the law. .....and the penalties will be more substantial, by far.
I think that fronting the idea to get a fuel permit, and then imply with a-wink-and-a-nod-nudge-nudge-say-no-more view that it is OK to make alcohol for human consumption is highly irresponsible on your part, and does not further your cause. I considered doing exactly that, for a time, and rejected it as a solution a long time ago , due to the above mentioned reasons.

Do people go this route? ....absolutely. Are they hanging their asses out in the wind? ....definitely! ....and they better hope they never get caught makin' hooch.
"Well, ......I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!" ...Ulysses Everett McGill

"Good thing you found HD. It's like the mythbusters of distilling." ...Prairiepiss
Hawkeye3
Novice

Post by Hawkeye3 »

I for one am going all in with Rick, Tom, Randy etc in this endeavor. I purchased a still from Brewhaus. So my name is on some list. I have mailed JB's legalization packet to at least 6 US, State and Local congressmen/women. Talked to a local State Representative and was one of the first to sign up for the Hobby Distiller Assoc. Obviously everyone has their own reasons to join/sign up, help or not help and cannot and should not be faulted for them. But for me this is too important not to join the fight.
Keep on shinin' and good luck to us all whatever direction we take.
Last edited by Hawkeye3 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSIIHC and lovin' it.
"The Ultimate Result of Protecting Men From The Acts Of Folly Is To Fill The World With Fools" ...Herbert Spencer
wv_cooker
Trainee

Post by wv_cooker »

I caught wind of this movement through another forum and it was mentioned in another thread here about the actions of the TTB. At that time the website wasn't complete. I have seen it mentioned numerous times that Home Distillers Forum is here for the purpose of trying to legalize the hobby of home distilling. Like all other things in life if you want something from our government, first people must stand together in unison on the subject. One of the problems in this day and age is everyone is out for themselves and it is hard to get anyone to stand for any cause. Well the time is finally here gentlemen, shall we bicker over the same petty arguments or shall we get involved and help with the cause that we all say is the reason we are here? I for one will be standing for the cause and signing up to back this movement.

We had our discussions about Brewhaus and others when the TTB requested the list's from the manufacturers. I will tell you that I for one commend Rick of Brewhaus for taking a stand for the hobby as a whole. I have seen no one else commit his own hard earned money to back the legalization of our hobby and this man has committed the entire $40,000.00 from his company. Say and think what you will but that is one hell of a man in my book and I will stand with him! I will also support his company by purchasing what I can from them first and only buying what he doesn't carry from other suppliers. Now that is not to say that I will purchase a Still, Boiler or other required product that can be requested by the TTB, but small parts that I have to get somewhere will come from them.

As far as how to get the hobby legal, it will be a long hard fight, but it must start somewhere. It will not happen without a lobbying effort by someone and it will not happen without politicians from every state getting on board with the movement. The only way to do this is for some to come out of the shed and become active in the cause. It is up to each individual as to there choice in the matter but I for one am on board and commend the ones that have committed to taking the right type of action.

Thanks Tom for your involvement and Thank Rick for his commitment to our Hobby!