Sales tax

Discussion and plans for legalizing our hobby.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bullmeat
Novice

Sales tax

Post by Bullmeat »

I just paid $50 sales tax on a still I bought. Strikes me as funny. Didn't know I'd be on a list until after I bought it, they are a small time company that's local to washington. After I asked they said they were required to report all sales and gave me a serial number.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Re: Sales tax

Post by woodshed »

After you asked they gave you a serial #? No doubt they are playing by the rules :moresarcasm:
Zombie Killer
Novice

Post by Zombie Killer »

Sucks. But then again there are lots of things one could buy but shouldn't depending on were they want to fall on the radar.
During U.S. prohibition, Texada Island was a supply point for illegal alcohol into the United States, with a famous illegal distillery operating on the east shore. The remains of the hooch boiler can be seen on the beach.
Bullmeat
Novice

Post by Bullmeat »

Hi Bill, we now have to summit to TTB all the info you provided when you purchased the pot still. Your serial number is ?......... Anything that makes alcohol is under the radar. From the company I bought the still from. Obviously they sent me the serial #

From everything I've read the ttb isn't going after anyone except in the Florida case, there hasn't been any arrests in the nw, that I could find, it's very popular here in Washington, the beer store I've always purchased beer grains, malt and equipment has slowly edged more square footage to distilling.
floppy
Novice

Post by floppy »

I'm in WA any chance they have a website with products I can look at I would like to buy a still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk