Does it really cost this much to make ethanol?

Alcohol is an inexpensive, clean and renewable fuel source.

Moderator: Site Moderator

drmiller100
Rumrunner

Re: Does it really cost this much to make ethanol?

Post by drmiller100 »

BrewinBrian44 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:31 pm I’m gonna voice a very selfish opinion about corn fuel… the stuff is fucking amazing for high performance cars.

My other hobby is tinkering with my 800hp turbo sports car. I used to run high octane race gas, which is INSANELY expensive. I switched over to an E85 fuel system and make huge power for a fuel that’s cheaper than regular unleaded. You burn it 30% faster, but the trade off is worth it. Very high octane fuel, and smells like sweet corn coming out the tailpipe. It’s honestly changed the game in the high performance car world.
Yeah. I've built some turbo etoh cars. To run at all you have to increase fuel flow 20 percent. But etoh is pretty happy to burn at 10:1 and at that ratio is super cools the charge making big power. Equivalent octane is like 110???
Now I know how you claim azeo so easy, it's based on a meat thermometer. :lol:
fzbwfk9r
Bootlegger
Location: Smack Dab in the Middle of God's country. Saskatchewan!

Re: Does it really cost this much to make ethanol?

Post by fzbwfk9r »

kiwi Bruce wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:25 pm Anyway, I went to a tree-hugger convention some years back, when this could have become the next "big thing" and had a go round with an Earth-worshiper who informed me that water vapor is a GREEN HOUSE GAS ! I yelled at her "LIKE CLOUDS!" and doubled over laughing...I got kicked out.
She was not wrong
h t t p s ://www.britannica.com/list/5-notorious-greenhouse-gases
water vapour has the greatest impact on global warming. (something like 30%)
and thank God for that.
a warmer planet is a better planet. This is simple science.