Making ethanol for fuel

Alcohol is an inexpensive, clean and renewable fuel source.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Magreil
Novice

Re: Making ethanol for fuel

Post by Magreil »

[quote="skow69]virtually everywhere else on Earth a permit is required.[/quote]

Another random statement

Well its a real world we live in not a virtual one
Last edited by Magreil on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

This thread is getting way off subject. Since the OP is new I am going to state a few things then if the topic continues off subject it will be locked.
1. The only subject illegal we talk about is the production of alcohol (it's a forum about the production of alcohol) which is why we have such strict rules on it's discussion as we are legislating for it's legalization. I live in a state that Marijuana is legal however this is World wide forum on distilling and in most of the world it is illegal so it is not a subject that is allowed on the forum legal or not where I live.
2. Most folks here do not produce fuel thus have limited knowledge on the subject. There are some great forums on fuel distillation that could answer your questions better than members here can.
3. I searched to find out if it was legal in Ireland and couldn't find any legitimate information thus the earlier post I made from another forum. I did post a person that could help that I suggested you contact.
4. I understand that our size limit for distillation would be way to small for the production of fuel thus we would allow larger boiler sizes for fuel as a discussion on the forum but like the craft distillery section we just ask for proof that it is legal where you live.

Please don't take this personal the members are not attacking you or what you are saying, safety is our number one concern. In the future I hope some members can answer questions and maybe more members might want to try to make fuel (with the proper permits if required). Personally I am starting to make a smaller still (within the limits set by the forum rules) to produce essential oils.
PS: Please refrain from personal attacks/name calling that is a sure fired way to have a thread locked.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Magreil, the burden of proof falls 100% on you to prove that what you have stated is true... YOU need to point us to the law which clearly supports your stance... You are guilty until you prove yourself innocent in this regard... No need getting your undies in a bunch because we aren't expecting anything more of you than of anyone else... Provide us with proof or go elsewhere... It's just that simple... If you're as headstrong as you make yourself out to be then you should be expending more effort supporting you stance than simply mouthing off to our membership...

Nuff Said...!!!
Magreil
Novice

Post by Magreil »

rad14701 wrote:Magreil, the burden of proof falls 100% on you to prove that what you have stated is true... YOU need to point us to the law which clearly supports your stance... You are guilty until you prove yourself innocent in this regard... No need getting your undies in a bunch because we aren't expecting anything more of you than of anyone else... Provide us with proof or go elsewhere... It's just that simple... If you're as headstrong as you make yourself out to be then you should be expending more effort supporting you stance than simply mouthing off to our membership...

Nuff Said...!!!
OK guys, I do know where your coming from and I respect that, all I want to do is be safe in my methods
Magreil
Novice

Post by Magreil »

Bushman wrote:This thread is getting way off subject. Since the OP is new I am going to state a few things then if the topic continues off subject it will be locked.
1. The only subject illegal we talk about is the production of alcohol (it's a forum about the production of alcohol) which is why we have such strict rules on it's discussion as we are legislating for it's legalization. I live in a state that Marijuana is legal however this is World wide forum on distilling and in most of the world it is illegal so it is not a subject that is allowed on the forum legal or not where I live.
2. Most folks here do not produce fuel thus have limited knowledge on the subject. There are some great forums on fuel distillation that could answer your questions better than members here can.
3. I searched to find out if it was legal in Ireland and couldn't find any legitimate information thus the earlier post I made from another forum. I did post a person that could help that I suggested you contact.
4. I understand that our size limit for distillation would be way to small for the production of fuel thus we would allow larger boiler sizes for fuel as a discussion on the forum but like the craft distillery section we just ask for proof that it is legal where you live.

Please don't take this personal the members are not attacking you or what you are saying, safety is our number one concern. In the future I hope some members can answer questions and maybe more members might want to try to make fuel (with the proper permits if required). Personally I am starting to make a smaller still (within the limits set by the forum rules) to produce essential oils.
PS: Please refrain from personal attacks/name calling that is a sure fired way to have a thread locked.
Thanks Bushman, I'll take that on board
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

:thumbup:
Kegg_jam
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Kegg_jam »

So let's see this 100 gallon brute (didn't y'all switch over to the metric system in the '70's?)

What kind of feedback are you looking for? All we got to go on is it's a big ass slant plate.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Kegg_jam wrote:So let's see this 100 gallon brute (didn't y'all switch over to the metric system in the '70's?)

What kind of feedback are you looking for? All we got to go on is it's a big ass slant plate.
There was a pic in the first post of this topic which has been removed until such time that the whole legality issue is resolved...