and still yet another 2" Bok...

Post your builds here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

duurkeee
Site Donor
Site Donor

and still yet another 2" Bok...

Post by duurkeee »

It's still under construction but I thought I would share some photos anyways. I didn't want to resize my images so I decided to host them on a third party side. I hope that's okay. So yea, here ya go: My 2" Bok

This will all sit atop a 7.5 gallon pony keg. After it's up and running probably gonna try and pump out some vodka! Wish me luck.

Thanks for all the info HD.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
duurkeee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: and still yet another 2" Bok...

Post by duurkeee »

Here's the condensed version. I wish I could post larger pictures on here. Oh well
Attachments
bok3.jpg
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Samohon
retired

Post by Samohon »

Nice Bok Duurkee... :clap:

Your sure to get a nice drop of shine from that rig my friend... :thumbup:
♦♦ Samohon ♦♦

Beginners should visit The New Distillers Reading Lounge and the Safety and Related Issues among others...
duurkeee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by duurkeee »

Thanks Samohon! I hope so. I've invested quite a bit of time and work to pull this thing together. I hope it works like a dream :esmile:
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

Nice looking Bokakob dual slant column, duurkeee... It should serve you well for years...

The only thing I'll point out, which I have noticed before, is that angling your product liebig will increase the cooling effect as more of the spirits will be in contact with it for a longer period of time... Any drips that drip straight out of the valve and down the center won't be cooled at all... Food for thought...
duurkeee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by duurkeee »

Thanks Rad! Yea, I was thinking the exact same thing when I was putting it all together. My thinking was that if the liebig was longer, there would be more chance for the distillate to cool. I was also kinda thinking that because I have that 45 degree elbow, that the distillate would kind of drip over the edge and run down the walls of the internal tube. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
Dracon
Novice

Post by Dracon »

duurkeee do you have instructions for the bok your making? I'm completely new to this but would like to build one similar to yours...

Thanks!
duurkeee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by duurkeee »

Dracon wrote:duurkeee do you have instructions for the bok your making? I'm completely new to this but would like to build one similar to yours...

Thanks!
Here's a good starting point: Boka Reflux Still - How To Build

It has very detailed specification on how everything should be put together as well as links to other more comprehensive threads that can walk you through things. Ugg, alot of reading :esmile: Happy building!
Braz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Braz »

I love those standoffs you made. They look like connecting rods for a (very flimsy) piston motor.

Nice build. It ought to produce very nice stuff.

Edit to add: On the liebig, you could cut a strip of copper sheet and twist it into a spiral to fit into your output tube. That would swirl the liquid around as it passes through the cooling tube.
Braz
duurkeee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by duurkeee »

Hey thanks Braz! Everyone at the shop thought I was making motorcycle parts. Haha, little did they know.....
Braz wrote: Edit to add: On the liebig, you could cut a strip of copper sheet and twist it into a spiral to fit into your output tube. That would swirl the liquid around as it passes through the cooling tube.
That's a good idea. Do you think a piece of copper grounding wire would work in place of a copper sheet?
Braz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Braz »

Some folks wrap a piece of copper around the outside of the takeoff tube, inside the liebig jacket to swirl the cooling water. I have not seen wire used inside the takeoff tube itself. On mine, I stretched out a copper scrubbie and pushed/pulled it into the tube to sort of spread out the liquid to the walls of the tube and to carry some of the cooling into the middle of the tube. Simple and it works fine.
Braz
Oxbo Rene
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oxbo Rene »

Looks real nice ! ! !
It is not the matter, nor, the space between the matter,
but rather, it is that finite point at which the two meet,
that, and only that, is what is significant...........
(Of course, I could be wrong) ..........
Manback
Swill Maker

Post by Manback »

I have spirals of 1.6mm tig wire inside all 5 of the tubes in my shotgun. It's an overkill piece of equipment anyway so its hard to say.. but nothing gets out, thats for sure :)
Skoot
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Skoot »

That's a really nice rig...

Skoot