One hole thumper build

Post your builds here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

One hole thumper build

Post by jb-texshine »

Not much to start but these things take time.
As of now I've got a 2x2x2" t a street 90 that's going in the t facing up a short section of 2" that will go in the street 90 and get a ez flange to connect my original still head to(slightly modded). Got 5ft of 3/4" rigid pipe also.
Pics to follow...
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Re: One hole thumper build

Post by jb-texshine »

Oh also got the keg,15.5 gallon to match the boiler. Still need a couple 2"-3/4 reducers and some ez flange ferrules in 2" and triclamps to fit and some of those brass nut threaded unions to make it adjustable.

Here's today's purchases.Image

Deo Vendice

kiwi Bruce
Distiller

Post by kiwi Bruce »

That's quite clever there JB-T. Kiwi
Getting hung up all day on smiles
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

kiwi Bruce wrote:That's quite clever there JB-T. Kiwi
I will be able to lift the still head off of the elbow coming off the t to shoot the thumper. But... I bet you had that figured out. Here's my original still head that is getting the remodel. Everything after the first 90 is going to be removed and a reducer to the Liebig will go there.
Hope it all makes sense....
Jb

Everything above the 90 on bottom of pic will come off. That will give me a column with a 90 at the top and a separate street 90 with 6" of two inch and a forty five. The 45 will be scrap once I remove the 2" x3/4" nipple. The nipple will go the 90 at the top of column. The street 90 will go in the tee with the 6" stub point at ceiling and getting a ez flange for the column and condenser to tc on to.
Last edited by jb-texshine on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deo Vendice

Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I'm not quite clear on your remodel . You are going to have to dismantle some parts to shoot the thumper ? The alternative I used was to build a manifold with 2 1" takeoffs and a 1" reducer on the top . Passed the vapor in pipe through the top all the way to the bottom of the thumper . Vapor out tube is on one side of the manifold and goes to the condenser . The tube on the other side nipples out to a 90 and a vertical nipple that is capped with a female fitting and sealed with a pipe plug . Thumper charge goes in there . If I want to shoot the thumper I can cut the heat , drain thumper from bottom drain , shoot from the top , plug the fill pipe and be back in action in less that 5 minutes . It's working well for me .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

Maybe this'll help Tb,
There will be an elbow coming out of the tee going up to my original pothead column. The column will attach via triclamp to a copper stubout going from the elbow to the pothead column. Between the base of the column and the top of the stubout is where i will open to shoot it. Drain will go in bottom of course. Image
Keg for thumper will go at bottom of keg of course.

Deo Vendice

jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

jb-texshine wrote:Maybe this'll help Tb,
There will be an elbow coming out of the tee going up to my original pothead column. The column will attach via triclamp to a copper stubout going from the elbow to the pothead column. Between the base of the column and the top of the stubout is where i will open to shoot it. Drain will go in bottom of course. Image

Deo Vendice

myles
retired

Post by myles »

It is entirely up to you but I like to go in the branch and out vertically, similar to this.
Photo084.jpg