My Kegger Build

Post your builds here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

jog666
Site Donor
Site Donor

My Kegger Build

Post by jog666 »

Finally get to make a thread showing some progress. Still been reading as time permits. Had to run to town for a few things & decided to pick up the copper parts minus the TC flange. Just couldnt help myself from putting a few pieces together just to get an idea of height.
idea.jpeg
Can easily tell the 2" copper doesnt sell very fast.

A link to my Keg Planning thread for reference.
nuntius01
Rumrunner

Re: My Kegger Build

Post by nuntius01 »

nice, ppost us a finished one too, when you get ther.
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917
cede
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by cede »

Nice :)
Copper is highly priced compared to years ago and most of people use pex for water and abs or pvc for drains.
jog666
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jog666 »

After "my" weekend got screwed up by a wacked out sleeping schedule & getting called into work, I got my rat killing done for the day. Had to work on a friends truck for a bit & decided to do some "copper work" instead of pulling a transmission.

Started out with the column & flange joint. It was the only joint that I knew wouldnt be close enough right off the bat.

fitting1.jpeg
Effects of cutting the pipe.
fitting2.jpeg
fitting3.jpeg
Some quick measuring since neither part will slip together. I dont recall the difference I figured up but it was a decent bit.
fitting4.jpeg
Since I dont do any real fab work here at home, all my stuff is at work. Finally found my old dremal & a few sanding drums. A rather long time to get it to this point & still not what Im happy with. It sets in far enough to hold for solder but not far enough to be "strong".
fitting5.jpeg
Decided to work on the condenser & other fittings. I drilled out the 3/4x1/2x1/2 Ts & sanded the inside so I had a small amount of friction in the fit. When I did the second one I slung it up against the drill press & sanded the inside. I didnt think about the heat from drilling & it melted the plastic cover.
fitting6.jpeg
Here is everything, well almost, mocked up.
jog666
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jog666 »

burner.jpeg
Im slowly getting closer. I Wasnt thinking far enough ahead & didnt drill the holes for the flame. Im going to cut slits in it. If just slits dont work, Ill go back & weld down the center of the slits to make two smaller slits. In other news, I proofed the burner to 150+ psi while checking for leaks.