5g Bunn stainless steel tea/coffee canister

Post your builds here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hybrid pot still
Swill Maker

5g Bunn stainless steel tea/coffee canister

Post by Hybrid pot still »

I've obtain something for a new project, I though it was smaller than 5g, but got the gallon jug out and filled her up, 5g. I'm not sure what to do with, well something new or different, and I'm still learning still pieces and hardware and different types/ways to pipe/plum still equipment, and reasons and benefits from it. There is alot more than I thought about some things, and I've learnt a majority of it here, and I'm grateful for that and feedbacks and lessons from fellow members. Anyhow, i thought I'd share this find and see what you guys think about this, and what would be a good build for it, and/or what would you build with it? I have a couple ideas. I know I have to replace spigot, with stainless, or seal off. Here is some pics
20210822_225330.jpg
20210822_225358.jpg
20210822_225344.jpg
fzbwfk9r
Bootlegger
Location: Smack Dab in the Middle of God's country. Saskatchewan!

Re: 5g Bunn stainless steel tea/coffee canister

Post by fzbwfk9r »

Awesome find

You have an problem trying to figure out only ONE project with that!
Hybrid pot still
Swill Maker

Post by Hybrid pot still »

fzbwfk9r wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:35 pm Awesome find

You have an problem trying to figure out only ONE project with that!
What would you do with it, if I may ask? I'm working on trying a steam injected still with it, it being the pot, its 5g and another pot injecting it from its pour spout at the bottom now, one less hole to punch anyway. Still studying how the steam stills work and laying it out
fzbwfk9r
Bootlegger
Location: Smack Dab in the Middle of God's country. Saskatchewan!

Post by fzbwfk9r »

That's an interesting idea

you could use a cirular element off an old stove top, layer some sand, element, more sand, and weld in a bottom plate, leaving just a hint for pressure expansion. Or oil. You'd have a near scorch free boiler.