Place for any food recipes that ya want to share

Moderator: Site Moderator

TDick
Distiller

Ice Cream?

Post by TDick »

I just saw this.

1. I don't eat ice cream any more.
2. When I did, I did NOT eat Ben & Jerry's for political reasons. Enough said about that.
3. What little I know about Whistlepig is seems to be overpriced hype.

That said, this seems worth exploring.
From a newsletter I keep getting despite unsubscribing several times.

"Ben & Jerry’s announced their “Topped” line, and one illustrious flavor we’re jazzed about is one that’s come from a partnership with WhistlePig Distillery. They make good bedfellows by virtue of the combo of brown butter bourbon ice cream with blonde brownies and whiskey caramel swirls topped with white chocolatey ganache and white fudge chunks, but they’re also located in proximity of one another in Waterbury, VT. WhistlePig’s delectable 6-year-old PiggyBack Rye is the not-so-secret ingredient that just might have you chewing your after-dinner beverage rather than sipping it."

Ben-Jerrys-x-WhistlePig-Topped-Whiskey-Biz-Ice-Cream-3-900x540.jpg
Bushman
Admin

Re: Ice Cream?

Post by Bushman »

Did it list an abv on the carton?
Deplorable
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deplorable »

There is a local creamery that sells a bourbon vanilla ice cream. It's delicious 😋
Fear and ridicule are the tactics of weak-minded cowards and tyrants who have no other leadership talent from which to draw in order to persuade.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

An earlier version of myself included being a chef for many years. I was working at one place real fancy like, and occasionally would have fresh made ice cream for different desserts I made. My favorite one was my Bailey's Ice Cream. Of course the base ingredients of vanilla cream, but this had several shots of Jameson Whiskey and Bailey's Irish creme in it, with some herseys and other chocolates to round it out. Freakin' delicious. :thumbup:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Zeotropic
Rumrunner

Post by Zeotropic »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:An earlier version of myself included being a chef for many years. I was working at one place real fancy like, and occasionally would have fresh made ice cream for different desserts I made. My favorite one was my Bailey's Ice Cream. Of course the base ingredients of vanilla cream, but this had several shots of Jameson Whiskey and Bailey's Irish creme in it, with some herseys and other chocolates to round it out. Freakin' delicious. [emoji106]
Do you have the recipe?
Chauncey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Chauncey »

Ive had a frozen irish coffee made w coffee ice cream and some jameson. Theres a local bar chain that has them but ya gotta get an extra shot jameson so it has a good kick.

I cracked the recipe its not too hard.

That said i use Tully or get tully shot in mine cuz tullamore dew>jameson imo.
<no stopping to corner anytime [] no parking passenger zone>

When people tell me I'll regret that in the morning, I sleep till noon.