Breads wanting to learn another lost art.

Place for any food recipes that ya want to share

Moderator: Site Moderator

Truckinbutch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Breads wanting to learn another lost art.

Post by Truckinbutch » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:54 pm

I wish you hadn't started this thread :( . Love making different breads when I get time . Rye is my favorite . Then everybody starts talking about a wood fired outdoor oven which has been a nasty gleam in my eye for years . In coinsidense to this I got a contractor friend living in a camper on my farm for the summer who grew up on Long Island ,NY . Used to build these type ovens for a living and knows how to use them as well .
>Where am I gonna find space in my limited yard to build one ? Where am I gonna find time to build one with my other hobbies and farming obligations ? ........................................ Ah , crap ! I'll let you all know when I start the build ........................................
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .

blind drunk
retired

Re: Breads wanting to learn another lost art.

Post by blind drunk » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:52 pm

Check this oven out -

http://www.sunset.com/garden/how-to-sun ... n/view-all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Looks cheap and simple to make. I do like the 55 gal drum oven you posted up thread. I remember a cafe in Merida Mexico and the guy turned a water cistern into a wood fired oven. Here's a picture of it -

http://rescoldosbistro.com/our-story/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

Anyways, good luck with your journey, sounds amazing.

Just want to add that The Italian Baker is a great book for rustic style breads. That's where I started.
I do all my own stunts