Cherry pie

Forum to share your beverage recipes. Feel free to post recipes in this forum, they will be locked. Posts should have complete recipes with all ingredients and directions fully explained. Any comments or questions will have to be started under new topic. This forum is for family recipes or recipes that you have tried and want to share with others, relating to our hobby only.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bavis54
Swill Maker

Cherry pie

Post by Bavis54 »

This recipe isn’t wholly mine- I tweaked recipe from internet- made it 3 times now n it’s great stuff
-2 32 oz bottles of tart cherry juice
-3 cinnamon sticks
-3 allspice berries
-1 jar of maraschino cherries
1 and 1/2 pint to 1 qt neutral- adjust to ur liking

Combine juice , cinnamon sticks, and allspice berries in pot and simmer. 3 allspice berries sounds like minimal amount but beware- it’s strong. Only 3 berries!
Once at simmer let cool, add neutral spirit- or fruit brandy watever u like, I’ve used both. Divide cherries amongst 3 qt jars- this recipe makes 3 qts and 1 pint. Pick out cinnamon sticks n add 1 to each qt jar, then pour liquid in each jar- depending on how much alcohol u used u will have3 and 1/2 qts to 4 qts. It really is smooth stuff, the longer sits the better- beware!!
semper fi