Color -amber

Forum to share your beverage recipes. Feel free to post recipes in this forum, they will be locked. Posts should have complete recipes with all ingredients and directions fully explained. Any comments or questions will have to be started under new topic. This forum is for family recipes or recipes that you have tried and want to share with others, relating to our hobby only.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Grappa-Gringo
Swill Maker

Color -amber

Post by Grappa-Gringo »

Just came back from visiting a family friend who's been doing this stuff since he left the old country...
In discussion with him about homebrewing, he brought out a nice clear bottle that had a lovely amber colour to the likker inside. I asked him how he got the nice color to it, and he let me in on an old secret.
When the plum and apricot season comes, collect the pits of said fruit 40 in total, and let them dry out in the sun for a few days...then find a container that they, along with 2 liters of clear will fill up. Put it away for 40 days... pull it out,
filter with coffee filters... then add some simple syrup mix (how ever sweet you desire...),,,, nice taste to it...and awesome tan/amber colour.
They say, "you are what you eat"... Then I'm fast, easy and cheap!