My Apple Pie

Forum to share your beverage recipes. Feel free to post recipes in this forum, they will be locked. Posts should have complete recipes with all ingredients and directions fully explained. Any comments or questions will have to be started under new topic. This forum is for family recipes or recipes that you have tried and want to share with others, relating to our hobby only.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hillbilly Popstar
Site Donor
Site Donor

My Apple Pie

Post by Hillbilly Popstar »

I have made about apple pie about 5 or 6 times and I am really happy with the way it has come out. This recipe doesn't require any use of a thumper and it can be made in just over a week. There's at least one thing I do that different from other recipes here which is why I am sharing it here.

Hopefully a few people can try it out and let me know what they think.

Core and slice one large apple.
Put it in the jar and pour over 2.5 cups of moonshine (at least 120 proof or higher)
Add 1 fresh cinnamon stick (they lose all flavor after about 1-2 uses)
Add 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
Add 1/2 tblsp of good quality vanilla extract

Let soak for no less than a week. Shake at least once a day.
After a couple days give it a taste to make sure the cinnamon isn't overpowering.

At the end of the week pour the shine off the mixture and keep it in a separate jar. Leave the apples in the other jar, remove the cinnamon stick and pour over 1-1.5 cups of brown sugar. Let the apples and sugar sit for a day. You should see a syrup start to pool at the bottom. Put the apple jar into the microwave for 1 minute. This will make the apple steam into the sugar and the remaining juice and alcohol will get extracted. Pour the juice off of the mixture into the jar with the shine. Be careful not to pour out the remaining undissolved sugar and apples. Pop it into the microwave again and repeat. Do this until all the sugar is dissolved and the apples are shriveled up. Add more sugar if you need to.
The remaining apples are good with ice cream.

At this point the jar should be 3/4 to nearly full. Top it off with good tasting water or apple juice and filter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
"Making likker with a hydrometer and thermometer is like measuring the length of a 2x4 with a clock"