I have a MH flute 7plates and a 8" ext.

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Big Bert
Novice

I have a MH flute 7plates and a 8" ext.

Post by Big Bert »

I have a MH flute 7plates and a 8" ext. I also have a HB 6 plate on order (since feb 13/13) so I can,t yet give a comparative . I am very happy with the MH , I have found that it takes 7 plates and the 8" ext to hit 96%, 6 plates gives me 93%, have used it has a 4 plate pot still with the 8" ext as a gin basket and got 75%. Got 90% when I added the deflag. Then I used two ss 2"x12" ext from MH cooper filled ,one of the 2" to 4" adapters filled with ceramic rings,the deflag ,the 8" ext. has a gin basket,the other 2x4 adapter,topped off with a MH mini cut down to 7" and get 96.5% . This flute lets you do and make what you want. When the HB gets here ,( they tell me sometime in Aug) I will let you all know how it does with a run off with the MH.

The road gets longer when your truck breaks down
Big Bert
Novice

Re: mile hi flute vs hillbilly flute?

Post by Big Bert »

Hi guys first I would like to thank you all for your wishes and comments, BUT can we all stop talking about it for now, lets all sit back have a drink and wait . I will to the run off and let you know the results as I started off to do. Two weeks ago I wanted to answer a post and look what has happened, it seems if half the world has changed so please let's kick back and enjoy our hobby. Now I have to go to work .will be back at you when the results are in.

Thank again
BB
Big Bert
Novice

Post by Big Bert »

Well folks I am sorry to say it looks like there will be no run off. Most of you know how this started,I bought the rites for the Flute off old dog for North America to help him out,What you may not know is that I gave the US half back to OD so he and the KS (Hillbilly stills) could patch up their dispute and KS would buy the rites for the US. I do not know what happened there and is non of my business . You also know that I have been waiting since 02/13/2013 for my HB flute and it cost me $3028 plus shipping of $282. Today I had a phone call from HB and they tell me that my still is ready to ship all I need to do is GIVE them another $280 plus and they will ship, well folks they can stick their still up their ASS.. Even if I got it and I won't because I won't pay again and I wouldn't waste good swamp water running it through their still. Sorry I can't do what I started out do do ( answer the post) and my advice is if you are going to deal with HB first you had better SOAP UP

One pissed off cat
BB
googe
retired

Post by googe »

So, they wanted shipping paid again?, do you have a receipt for payment?. What did they say when you told them you have already paid?.
Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.
"Homer J Simpson"
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

so are you getting your initial money back?
I do all my own stunts
Big Bert
Novice

Post by Big Bert »

Yes they want shipping again ,when I noted that I paid shipping and I have the receipt was told that shipping went up. Will I get my money back?? I some how don't think so , and at this point I really don't care . All lessons in life cost you something.

BB
googe
retired

Post by googe »

Let me guess, shipping went up over time because it was such a long wait?. Disgraceful service :thumbdown: . Are they a.member here?.
Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.
"Homer J Simpson"
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Big Bert wrote:Well folks I am sorry to say it looks like there will be no run off. Most of you know how this started,I bought the rites for the Flute off old dog for North America to help him out,What you may not know is that I gave the US half back to OD so he and the KS (Hillbilly stills) could patch up their dispute and KS would buy the rites for the US. I do not know what happened there and is non of my business . You also know that I have been waiting since 02/13/2013 for my HB flute and it cost me $3028 plus shipping of $282. Today I had a phone call from HB and they tell me that my still is ready to ship all I need to do is GIVE them another $280 plus and they will ship, well folks they can stick their still up their ASS.. Even if I got it and I won't because I won't pay again and I wouldn't waste good swamp water running it through their still. Sorry I can't do what I started out do do ( answer the post) and my advice is if you are going to deal with HB first you had better SOAP UP

One pissed off cat
BB
Wow.
I am told a comparable weight would ship here in North America for less than $80 (US) dollars and is (relatively speaking) readily available. I am also told that comparable weight comes "complete" with irrigation and is nearly half that finish cost.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Stainless dude
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stainless dude »

googe wrote:Let me guess, shipping went up over time because it was such a long wait?. Disgraceful service :thumbdown: . Are they a.member here?.
He used to be googe...
blind drunk
retired

Post by blind drunk »

I some how don't think so , and at this point I really don't care . All lessons in life cost you something.
No way, man. That's alot of money and you gotta fight the good fight. You owe it to yourself ...
I do all my own stunts
emptyglass
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: Victoria, Australia.Usually the shed. Sometimes the cellar.

Post by emptyglass »

Not good to hear BigBert, I was looking forward to the showdown.
You design it, I make it. Copper and Stainless. Down under. PM me.
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by varocketry »

I hoped you used a credit card, especially American Express, BigBert, for this purchase. AMEX usually doesn't mess around when vendor doesn't complete the transaction properly.

Maybe you avoided the paper trail but I confess I wouldn't at that expense unless my Uncle was the county Sheriff there.

Best of luck to you.
-Just need something else to build. -
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

3000 dam. Had no idea them things cost that
much. big Bert hopefully you wanted to sale
the rights back. Yall had a contract if he cashed
your money. Wouldn't do no good he lived
round here.

So IM Tole
olddog
retired

Post by olddog »

I just sent him an email, I hope he comes good.

OD
OLD DOG LEARNING NEW TRICKS ......
Big Bert
Novice

Re: I have a MH flute 7plates and a 8" ext.

Post by Big Bert »

Well fellas it looks like HB is going to come thru,had a call from Matt and he tells me that they will ship my order today at no cost to me.right nice of them.....
BB
Halfbaked
retired

Post by Halfbaked »

I bet they saw the post on here and thought bad press = no sales.
Stainless dude
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Stainless dude »

I'm glad they are going to make thinks right Bert. Now you can get down to those test... :thumbup:
emptyglass
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: Victoria, Australia.Usually the shed. Sometimes the cellar.

Post by emptyglass »

Good to hear BB.
You design it, I make it. Copper and Stainless. Down under. PM me.
drinkingdog
Rumrunner

Post by drinkingdog »

Test or not. I'm glad that you either got your money back or the still you ordered
My Grandpa used to say. Don't argue with an idiot, because he will just drag you down to his level then beat you with experience.
He also used to say. I didn't say it was your fault. I just said that I was blaming you.

DD
shine406
Novice

Post by shine406 »

Big Bert wrote:I have a MH flute 7plates and a 8" ext. I also have a HB 6 plate on order (since feb 13/13) so I can,t yet give a comparative . I am very happy with the MH , I have found that it takes 7 plates and the 8" ext to hit 96%, 6 plates gives me 93%, have used it has a 4 plate pot still with the 8" ext as a gin basket and got 75%. Got 90% when I added the deflag. Then I used two ss 2"x12" ext from MH cooper filled ,one of the 2" to 4" adapters filled with ceramic rings,the deflag ,the 8" ext. has a gin basket,the other 2x4 adapter,topped off with a MH mini cut down to 7" and get 96.5% . This flute lets you do and make what you want. When the HB gets here ,( they tell me sometime in Aug) I will let you all know how it does with a run off with the MH.

The road gets longer when your truck breaks down
I am planning on getting a MHD flute and have a few questions, if you don't mind.. what are you using for a boiler and heat source? I am trying to decide between a keg w/ 2-4" adapter or go with the 26 gallon pot from mile hi. I am also curious about the output speed of the flute when producing say 95% from a neutral wash?
drinkingdog
Rumrunner

Post by drinkingdog »

In Big Burts updated post on his showdown between Mile High and HBS he said he was using kegs and propane heat.http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 17&t=40396
My Grandpa used to say. Don't argue with an idiot, because he will just drag you down to his level then beat you with experience.
He also used to say. I didn't say it was your fault. I just said that I was blaming you.

DD