First Brewhaus Purchase

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

GCB3
Site Donor
Site Donor

First Brewhaus Purchase

Post by GCB3 »

I am new to this hobby (about 1 yr) and fairly new to this forum. After experimenting with a friend’s equipment, I decided to take the leap into buying my own rig. I purchased a high volume, 3” Reflux Column unit froBrewhaus. This post is not intended to compare or cast a negative light on any manufacturer, I am only reporting my experience.

I placed my order and, in fairness, was a little disappointed that the shipment was about 3 weeks later than the quoted 4 weeks. Regardless, what the hell is 3 weeks when you’re old as dirt? :D the package arrived and I was immediately impressed by the quality of the external packaging and the precision of the internal arrangement. Now that I have everything assembled, I can’t believe they got this beast in that small box!

I have spent the last 35 yrs in the fabricating and machine shop business which gave me a decent eye for quality. This is a fabulous piece of equipment from a quality standpoint. All the parts are heavy duty, the TIG welding is clean and precise, and all fabrication is well dressed and finished. The all round quality speaks well on the company.

I started assembly after reading all the literature (till my eyes were bleeding :D ). I had one assembly snafu. I don’t have much experience with bolted SS joints and managed to “cold weld” one of the heaters into the coupling joint. I really felt dumb. I contacted Rick at Brewhaus and without any debate, the next day I had a return label and the 15 gal kettle was on it was back to TX. It spent about two days there and arrived back at my door this morning ready for assembly. No questions asked, no blame suggested, and Rick’s main concern was taking care of the problem. I could not have asked for better service.

Again, this is not to suggest that other suppliers don’t have comparable products and equal or better customer service. I can only report that I had one hell of a good experience dealing with Rick and Brewhaus. As someone here uses in their signature, “Your mileage may vary!”.
dieselduo
Rumrunner

Re: First Brewhaus Purchase

Post by dieselduo »

I have dealt with Brewhaus for many years and have been great to work with on any problems
raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by raketemensch »

They seem to have completely dropped beer and jumped headfirst into distilling...
fizzix
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by fizzix »

Brewhaus goes out of their way at giving prompt information and service.
Their smaller 8-gallon 2" model PSII is what I have, and this thing performs like a champ.