Distilling Media (Magazines, Podcasts, etc)

Research sources, reviews and links to information relating to distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Distilling Media (Magazines, Podcasts, etc)

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

I started a new entry in the Wiki for distilling related media. I have more to add but please post up anything that is not listed.

https://homedistiller.org/wiki/index.php/index.ph ... ling_Media
Last edited by Single Malt Yinzer on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
jog666
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Distilling Media (magazines, Podcasts, etc)

Post by jog666 »

Thanks!! Something else to waste time on. :problem:

No really, thanks for something else to read. Im running out of good stuff to watch & have been listening to some weird music on youtube lately.
Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Re: Distilling Media (Magazines, Podcasts, etc)

Added a couple more links.

I believe that "Distilled Sunshine" is one of us - I see several posts that follow posts here. If so you're doing a good job & thanks.

Distilling Craft is back with Season 2. Devin Mills is no longer part of it. If you haven't listened to Season 1 you should.

If you know of any more please let me know, I would love to add more links.
cayars
Distiller

Post by cayars »

Maybe consider Bearded and Bored youtube channel. Not specifically about distilling but a lot of useful info that often goes with distilling.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeV6Yu ... 6dPzTE3grg
Programmer specializing in process control for ExxonMobil (ethanol refinery control), WT, Omron, Bosch, Honeywell & Boeing.
More than a decade working for NASA & FAA Tech with computer code used on Space Shuttles and some airline flight recorders.
pope
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pope »

Think there's any more harm in subscribing to one of these publications? I'm already registered somewhere for my first still, which I bought instead of making, years ago.
"A little learning is a dang'rous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again." - Alexander Pope
Irishgnome
Swill Maker

Post by Irishgnome »

"There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists until it's too late to do anything about it."
Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

pope wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:48 pmThink there's any more harm in subscribing to one of these publications?
None whatsoever. There is nothing illegal about it. How many people have you heard of getting busted for more serious stuff like drugs for subscribing to High Times?
6 Row Joe
Rumrunner

Post by 6 Row Joe »

I watch Jessie from Still it and George from Barley and Hops. Both on you tube.
I don't drink alcohol, I drink distilled spirits.
Therefore I'm not a alcoholic, I'm spiritual.
pope
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pope »

fair enough. For some reason it just struck me as weird to have a regular publication that practically says ‘I distill’ sent to my house at regular intervals but I like your logic.
"A little learning is a dang'rous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again." - Alexander Pope